This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no media detected in drive 1 error

I have a fully-registered, purchased version of the software, which installed correctly. When I attempt to copy a DVD inserted into the DVD drive on my HP laptop, on pushing the Start button and after the program searces for media, I invariably get the following error message: "no media detected in drive 1."

This happens even though the name of the DVD shows in the "Source" window and other information about the DVD shows up on the main page of the software.

I have tried various DVDs and get the same error message. All of these DVDs are playable in the same drive.

Any solutions?

UPDATE: I belatedly realized that drive 1 was the burner drive. After I inserted a blank writable disc the program started the burning process. Looking forward to a sucessful burning of my first DVD using this software!
    Last edited by HonoluluGiy; 01-11-2010, 05:35 PM. Reason: problem solved

Originally posted by HonoluluGiy View Post
    UPDATE: I belatedly realized that drive 1 was the burner drive. After I inserted a blank writable disc the program started the burning process. Looking forward to a sucessful burning of my first DVD using this software!
    Hahaha.
    Good to know someone else makes these kind of mistakes...
    (Honestly, I think we all do).
    Welcome aboard and happy burning.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
    X