Convert to AC# or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Convert to AC# or not?

I have a 5.1 Sony Home Theater SAVA-59, my blu-ray player supports DTS. I Should i enable "convert dts to ac3" ? normally i dont enable it and when i'm watching the movie or video sound can be hear, i just not sure if converting to ac3 is better since the home theater system is old and do not support dts.

Originally posted by lizardo_manson View Post
    i just not sure if converting to ac3 is better since the home theater system is old and do not support dts.
    Out of interest, what's the make and model of your home theatre system?
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

It says in the back "Model No. SAVA-59", Sony.

Comment

Wow... I've not seen one of those old Sony active speaker systems for more than 15 years

Sufficed to say, you'll loose a bit of quality converting multi-channel DTS audio to 5.1 Dolby Digital... but I don't think you'll notice it that much
        Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM.
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Yes, like 15 years or more and still working, had to purchased a special bru-ray though that includes 5.1 analog.

Should i enable convert to ac3 or let dts untouched?

Comment

Working...
          X