• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other PAL to NTSC

Does anybody know of a good free program to convert PAL to NTSC DVD'S
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

try here - http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2...rt-PAL-to-NTSC

Comment

A lot of the newer DVD players will play Pal DVD's, it's the region coding that's the problem. If you remove the region coding you may be good, I would backup one of your DVD's minus the default region coding and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        Does anybody know of a good free program to convert PAL to NTSC DVD'S
        I think saying "convert" PAL to NTSC DVD'S is the wrong way to go about Once a movie etc is made in NTSC you cannot change the actually colour to PAL or visa versa .Most players this days play both colours (discs) but cant convert the colour already on the disc.

Comment

Hi Jimbo,

Out of interest, what playback and viewing devices will you be using?
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Play back will be on a sony dvd player hooked up to a sharp 52 inch flat screen lcd tv
            Last edited by Jimbo; 02-01-2015, 05:20 PM. Reason: misspelling
            Paid Not To Work
            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Does your DVD player or TV offer the capability of playing media files from a USB connected memory drive?
              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I regularly buy DVD's from the UK that come in PAL with region code of 2. I simply use DVDFAB to create a full copy of the disc using Customize to individually pick each file element for copying. My Sony blu ray player will not play them (picky Sony) but my older blu day player does as do my DVD players. As mentioned earlier in the discussion, it's not a PAL problem it's copying to region 0 that allows playback.

Comment

Working...
                X