Can't access dvdfab.cn on one computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access dvdfab.cn on one computer

My desktop computer will not access the website DVDFAB.cn or any related DVDFAB website I am able to access the DVDFAB.cn website using my notebook on the same network and router.
    The Desktop has DVDFAB Ver. 9.1.8.8 and is asking for the Video Downloader to be installed. This computer is not able to access the web site using the domain name, but I am able to access the home page using he IP address. I have tried to use windows IE, FireFox, and Google Chrome and all are responding the same. I have removed all malware and anti virus programs with no help. I have reset the DNS on the desktop with no help. I do notice that when I use the DVDFAB program to check for any update, that I get the message back that I have the latest update.
    Would anyone have any ideas on what could be blocking my desktop from accessing DVDFAB websites.
    Thanks
    Baxter

Originally posted by Baxter View Post
    My desktop computer will not access the website DVDFAB.cn or any related DVDFAB website I am able to access the DVDFAB.cn website using my notebook on the same network and router.
    The Desktop has DVDFAB Ver. 9.1.8.8 and is asking for the Video Downloader to be installed. This computer is not able to access the web site using the domain name, but I am able to access the home page using he IP address. I have tried to use windows IE, FireFox, and Google Chrome and all are responding the same. I have removed all malware and anti virus programs with no help. I have reset the DNS on the desktop with no help. I do notice that when I use the DVDFAB program to check for any update, that I get the message back that I have the latest update.
    Would anyone have any ideas on what could be blocking my desktop from accessing DVDFAB websites.
    Thanks
    Baxter
    Your firewall or any popup blocker or program like Malwarebytes.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I have removed all Anti virus and maleware programs as well as run CCleaner with no help. Turned off Windows Anti Virus no help.

Comment

what web browser are you using??

Comment

try clearing all of your cookies/history and restart your browser.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            try clearing all of your cookies/history and restart your browser.
            I have tried to use windows IE, FireFox, and Google Chrome and all are responding the same

all cookies and history have been reset. removed and re-installed browsers, no help

Comment

Go back in time with windows restore use a recent restore point and work backwards till you find the point where everything works fine then see what programs were installed after that point so you know what program may have done this.You will have to restart your computer and update your security program and add any programs or windows updates after the restore point to present.You can always go back to today's point in time if you have to.

Comment

Choosing a restore point may be an option, but the computer works normal except for not being able to access "DVDFAB.cn" I want to find the bug that is blocking the web page at this point, and there has to be something that is blocking the DNS from any browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter View Post
                  Choosing a restore point may be an option, but the computer works normal except for not being able to access "DVDFAB.cn" I want to find the bug that is blocking the web page at this point, and there has to be something that is blocking the DNS from any browser.
                  try this - start - select run and type - ipconfig/flushdns

Comment

Check your windows firewall, it will block on any browser running under windows. Turn it off briefly and see if the page will load.
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Resolved with a DNS issue

Thank you for your ideas with helping resolve the issue of not being able to access one web site. What I have resolved the issue, and here's what I found.
                      I do have a static IP from my ISP and my router is set up with the static IP address, I had noticed that on the Local Area Connection Properties, internet protocol ver. 4 TCP/IPv4 that the computer had the "obtain an IP address automatically" selected as well as "Use the following DNS server addresses" selected. The computer did have a preferred DNS and Alternate DNS address in the blocks. When I changed to "obtain DNS server address automatically" this resolved my issue of not being able to access the DVDFAB.cn website.
                      What I'm not sure about is how the computer got into this mode, I do know that my ISP has changed as the old ISP sold my service to a different CO. Or unless some virus changed my DNS. This part will always remain a mystery! But for now this issue is Solved!
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X