This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DL DVDs will not play

I just spent 40 bucks on a bundle of DL disks, burned one and found out my DVD player doesn't play DVDr rl disks.

Originally posted by The Phantom View Post
    I just spent 40 bucks on a bundle of DL disks, burned one and found out my DVD player doesn't play DVDr rl disks.

Then you gotta have one LARGE pile of store-boughts that you can't play, if that's the case...(most commercial releases - store boughts - are on D/L discs)...

DC

Comment

What's the Media ID of these disks, two choices in DL media:

1. Verbatim (Best)
      2. Falcon (Good)
      Last edited by AlienX69; 01-13-2010, 12:39 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

moved this post and relevant replies to a thread of it's own and The Phantom in general settings-Write of DVDFab make sure you have a check mark next to Set booktype to DVD-ROM as that makes the DVD seem like a commercial DVD tp all DVD players

Comment

The disks are Memorex DVD+R DL. I thought it was strange too given that most store bought DVD's are 8.5. I just thought it rejected them because it's an early DVD Recorder and couldn't read them. The disks do play on my friends 30 dollar cheapie player.

I'll try burning one as Rom and see what happens, hopefully it will work.

Comment

Tried burning as DVD-Rom, didn't work unfortunately.

Must now buy Blu Ray player that plays DVDr dl and kick old dvd player really hard for inconvenience incurred.

Comment

The disks are Memorex DVD+R DL
              Garbage

Memorex DL's are not worth the hassles you are having, get some quality discs as I mentioned in earlier post !!

PS: They don't last either, even if you get a good burn, don't expect the disks to last !!
              Last edited by AlienX69; 01-13-2010, 05:48 PM.
              AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
              X