This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely SLOW!!

Hello all. This is my first post here in the forums. Please don't crucify me if i am breaking any rules. (i read them by the way, mods). I searched and searched through all the threads and although i have no idea what half of the acronyms and computer speak means, i still cant seem to find an answer to my problem. Occasionally when I am copying a dvd (all i want to do is save them to file) the process continues to get slower and slower until my encoding fps gets to 0.00. If I happen to have a little patience that day, i'll wait and sometimes see it get back to 0.01. this happens anywhere during the process. (sometimes at 30%, 60%, even at 99.97%). What is the deal? I have version 5 (i think) of the program. (computer along w/ programs was a b-day present from my brother.) I am using a brand new HP mini w/ 160gb hard drive. The disc is in an external cd/dvd drive also by HP. Can someone please help? Again I apologize if I have missed any topics on this or broken any forum rules. Just a computer illiterate man trying to solve a problem.

open DVDFab up and in common settings-general that is the green circle with the check mark top right. then you find the reset DMA and click it and once that is done give it a try again as it sounds like your computer has reverted to PIO mode which would be why it taking forever to read the DVD

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Well, so far so good. Seems to be working good now. (fingers crossed). Thanks for your help.

Comment

Your welcome and that is what the forum is here for

Comment

Working...
          X