This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help the Noob...

I am sure this is posted somewhere, and I am just too much of a noob to find it, but I would appreciate any help.

Is there anyway I can use Blu-ray to Blu-ray to make a movie file that I can watch from my hard drive?

Just a little back ground. I have a HTPC and I have a collection of DVD's that I have created AVI video files out of, so that when I want to watch a movie, I can simply select the movie I want and watch it. I was hoping the Blu-ray to Blu-ray would offer me this kind of one stop shopping. Am I wrong? And if so, can I use the output ISO's and maybe yet another piece of software to create the files, or am I just in the wrong place?

I would like to point out that I am not interested in making copies or burning Blu-ray disks, just watching the movie(s) without the need to go looking for the disc itself.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sincerely,
    D$

What playback software are you planning to use but yes just save the rip to hard drive and then open that file using the program you intend to use. you would get better help if you included the name of the playback software you intend on using as well

I also moved your thread to general questions area as it not a help thread for the Blu-ray to Blu-ray option

Comment

Right now I am using Power DVD version 8.0.3228.50
      This is just the software I use to watch the bluray off the disc, as far as which program I use to watch them off the hard drive, the answer is none. This is because none of the software I have now, the aforementioned and WMP (which I use to watch the DVD rips), has the ability to playback bluray from the hard disc. Now if you know of a player that I can use, please feel free to inform me, as I am completely in the dark on what should and does work for this application and I am not particularly partial to any one program over another. If there are any other specification of the hardware or software that I can provide, please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance.

D$

Comment

I have WMP 12 that installed with Win7. I have found that if the files are in my documents/videos, I can rightclick on the whole folder and it will play the file. If I didn't have the file in my videos I had to migrate down to the stream folder inside the bdmv folder and wasn't sure if I would get consistent playback. I also had to install the Klite codec pack. I don't know if this will work for you but I use it to check my rip before burning so I don't waste BD's.
        AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
        4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
        ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
        2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
        LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
        Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Working...
        X