Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Buying New Features Will Affect Your Registration Key?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Buying New Features Will Affect Your Registration Key?

I bought DVDFab Platinum years ago back when it was standard lifetime upgrade, so the license I have is for lifetime upgrades of DVD-to-DVD and DVD-to-Mobile. I plan on purchasing a lifetime license for Bluray-to-Bluray once more of the bugs are worked out, it has more features and I get a BR burner.

My question here is: when I do purchase the lifetime license for BR-to-BR, will I get a new license key that has both my original license and the one I just purchased all in one key or will I get a separate key just for the bluray feature, so I will in fact have 2 keys? If it's the former, won't I have to login or something during checkout so the system will know I already have a current license key? Where do you do this during checkout?

So long as you use the same email address as your original purchase, you should be able to request an All-In-One key after the purchase.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Platinum upgrade? new email addr and no old registration email?

If you do not have the same email addr and don't have any of the old info re your registration how can you upgrade platinum with just the old program itself still working? Can someone lead me to instructions as to what to do to get 6 or 7 upgrade without paying another 50 dollars? I found a FAQ somewhere that says just load the new on top of the old and it will get it own keys but if I end up deleting the old platinum and it does not activate itself I would end up with nothing????

Comment

Originally posted by Sat Tech View Post
        If you do not have the same email addr and don't have any of the old info re your registration how can you upgrade platinum with just the old program itself still working? Can someone lead me to instructions as to what to do to get 6 or 7 upgrade without paying another 50 dollars? I found a FAQ somewhere that says just load the new on top of the old and it will get it own keys but if I end up deleting the old platinum and it does not activate itself I would end up with nothing????

If you can remember what email address you used when you first got the lifetime key, you'll be OK. If you still have Fab5 installed, run it, then go to the 'About" screen (white question mark (?) in a blue disc), and your order number will be on the about screen in the same line as any activated options.

Send that to Fab when you request the updated key (it may take them a day or two to update their records with your new email addy) and they'll forward your new key via email.

You can D/L and install the newest version, and your old key should keep it active long enough for your new key to arrive. Also, better to install over the old version, rather than to delete the old version.

DC

Comment

Working...
        X