This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other I guess Cinavia will never be broken :(

Guys i was very happy while i was buying my new Samsung BD-J7500 Bluray. It was my first bluray hardware. I wasnt aware of this issue. Now all my MKVs in my external HDDs are trash... I am trying to figure out the solution but i haven't found it yet...

put your movies on a media player of some kind. media players
    are immune to cinavia.

Comment

There are plenty of Cinavia topics with various discussions on this forum already!

But to echo on what October262 has already said. There are plenty of playback devices that don't have Cinavia detection chip-sets built into them.

Also, only movies that include Cinavia audio watermark protection will cause playback issues with your Blu-ray player, which (unless you are extremely unlucky) wont be 'all your mkvs'. Indeed a list of such movies can be found here.

Cheers
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
        Also, only movies that include Cinavia audio watermark protection will cause playback issues with your Blu-ray player, which (unless you are extremely unlucky) wont be 'all your mkvs'..
        Correct. As of this point in time it is only Sony (the company behind Cinavia) and Universal that are applying Cinavia to their releases. I don't know how long Sony has been doing it, but Universal only for about the past year.

Comment

Working...
        X