This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid member icon

I do not know if I am asking to much but, is their any way that the paid members of the forum could have some sort of an icon on their reply posts that show that they are paid members so we do not have to ask the question of Is this a paid version or free version? I read every post every day and it seems that we are all asking the same question, just wondering I know it might be allot of work or maybe not I don't.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

In the past, we have tossed around a few ideas in an effort to deal with this adequately and without being restrictive or offensive to members.

One problem, of course, is the logistics of how exactly to do this.
    Do we ask prospective members when they sign up...are they paid or free when they register? and what about all the existing members?
    Moreover, I'd hate to "unintentionally" set up a pecking order within the forum.

I still think your idea has merit.
    We'll kick it around.
    Thanks.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I understand what you are saying, by no means do I want to single anybody out, that was not my intention. I would help anybody, whether paid or free and will always continue to do so. The reason for asking was because of all the new encryptions out it might be a little easier to troubleshoot problems members are having knowing that, and explaining to them why they are having problems burning their new movies.
      Last edited by CBR929; 01-16-2010, 04:38 AM. Reason: text
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Right, I understand your intentions and reasoning and no disrespect intended,
        but as the saying goes,
        "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I like CBR929's ideal.
          It would save a great deal of post's and time, in the long run.
          "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
            I like CBR929's ideal.
            It would save a great deal of post's and time, in the long run.

It would save time for all the contributors...no argument...

Don't know about you guys, but when I call a company, and get a series of voice-mail messages, rather than a real person...my first inclination is to hang up and try somewhere else. Would doing this suggestion not be a start to a more-or-less forum equivalent of voice-mail?

My feeling is that asking first-timers, which many of them are, and usually not too computer literate, to ask them to pre-supply a bunch of info (it starts with 'is your version free or paid for'...and goes from there...next might be 'what's your operating system?') tends to de-personalize what we're doing, (a newbie poster has no idea how many times we ask or answer the same question, and also probably doesn't know what to look for when we ask them to check out the forums for similar problems before they post) and had I encountered it when I first started (so long ago and so far away...) I probably would have opted for different software and a forum that gives a less pre-packaged feel to their responses...even if it is many repetitious questions.

Sort of personalized customer service...besides, what else are you doing with your time that's so important a few repeated questions cause a problem?

Just my thoughts on this suggestion...

DC

Last edited by DarthCopier; 01-18-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X