Batch Conversion(s) of My Movie Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Conversion(s) of My Movie Library

I have a library of just <1000 titles on PC HD in a variety of formats Folder (vts_*), ISO,MKV etc.

Id like to standardise and convert to MP4 or MKV for space/portability issues. Is MP4 or MKV a better format (home use windows, travelling android phone/tablet)

What is the best way to do this. By current stored format?

Any suggestions to retain best video audio quality without sacrificing too much to large file size?

Thanks for taking the time to read :-)

Trevor

Originally posted by trevoraiston View Post
    I have a library of just <1000 titles on PC HD in a variety of formats Folder (vts_*), ISO,MKV etc.

Id like to standardise and convert to MP4 or MKV for space/portability issues. Is MP4 or MKV a better format (home use windows, travelling android phone/tablet)

What is the best way to do this. By current stored format?

Any suggestions to retain best video audio quality without sacrificing too much to large file size?

Thanks for taking the time to read :-)

Trevor
    I'm in the process of doing this also to MP4 since I'm standardizing with Plex and that is the preferred format. Unfortunately, Ripper only allows 18 titles at a time and converter only does singles unless I'm doing something wrong. Suggestions anyone??

Comment

No other replies. We can't be the only people looking to batch convert?

Trevor

Comment

Why MP4 if you're on Android? MP4 cannot store PGS subs straight from BD so you would have to convert. Go with MKV instead.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by Chetwood View Post
          Why MP4 if you're on Android? MP4 cannot store PGS subs straight from BD so you would have to convert. Go with MKV instead.
          Because MP4 works best with Plex so it doesn't need to transcode! I think there's a bug in DVDfab because it will only allow me to drag in 18 titles at a time. What I'd like to do is just select the whole drive then set and forget it while it grinds away....
          Last edited by Rexy624; 10-23-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

From what I've read Plex works with pretty much everything but hey, my media player plays straight from network shares. No need to fiddle around with DLNA.

MultiShrink

Comment

Plex says MP4 or MKV container, but then this:

Native video support is typically (but not always) limited to the MP4 container, H.264 video encoding, and AAC audio. Content that is not natively supported will automatically be Direct Streamed or transcoded as needed by the Plex Media Server.
              ◦Setting a streaming quality value lower than the content's bitrate will cause the video to be transcoded
              ◦Higher streaming quality values have a better chance to allow the content to be Direct Streamed or Direct Played

Content matching the following can usually be Direct Played:
              ◦Container: MP4
              ◦Resolution: 1920x1080 or smaller
              ◦Video Encoding: H.264 (level 4.0 or lower)
              ◦Video Framerate: 30fps
              ◦Video Bit Depth: 8
              ◦Audio Encoding: AAC
              ◦Bitrate: 8 Mbps or lower

Assume you're referring to Kodi (XBMC) which has it's own issues. So does batching work with MKV?

Comment

Probably, it worked with DVDs for me. I don't use DVDFab for batch ripping BDs.

MultiShrink

Comment

Working...
                X