This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directx 11? GPU

Hi, for the past few days i been trying to figure why my vista 64 doesnt support DXVA in dvdfab enable gpu (greyed out, also it doesntlist any codecs for my card underneath)
    However, same card (all in wonder hd) same drivers, works on same computer with vista 32 installed. (i tested back and forth 3 times.)
    So the only thing i can think of is vista 32 was running DX10, and vista 64 has DX11 installed.

does dvdfab support dx11? is this an issue and why my box is greyed out on V64?

thanks...

I think DX11 was implimented in Win7 and not Vista and whatever version you have is based on your video card.
    I also had the same problem with V64 but not in Win7.
    Sorry I'm not that "techie" and can't give a better answer.

Comment

yeah, its wierd, currently im dual booting vista64 and vista32.
      Vista 64 automatically updated to DX11 before i even installed the card- Seems that vista 64 auto updated to dx11.
      anyways.... i dual boot back to vista 32, where DX10 is currently installed and it properly shows in dvdfab to enable gpu accelleration.

so i figure that IF vista32 does update to DX11, then ill have my answer...

so im thinking that maybe dvdfab is not fully compatible with either:
      A- DX11 or
      B-Vista64

or both?
      anyone else running similar programs with gpu enabled?
      its really driving me crazy

Comment

Running V64 right click on computer>Properties and in left column at the bottom click "Perfomance Info and Tools". Then the next window under "Base Score" click "View and Print detail..." then scroll down to "Graphics" does it show DX10 or 11?

Comment

wow.. well this show the graphics card at DX10.

but when i run dxdiag.exe from windows system 32 folder, it says dx11 installed...
          does that mean my card wont support 11 and 11 is installed and screwing things up?

Comment

update...

ok, i booted back into v32.. and windows auto updates updated my v32 to dx11...(thats what dxdiag says)
            I tested dvdfab to see if gpu is still supported with the update...
            it still is. so that leads to the following...

vista 32- same vid card, same drivers(ati all in wonder HD) DX11 installed as an update (automatically) - dvdfab has gpu ENABLED with dxva and properly shows my card underneath and lists it supports h264, and vc1 codecs...

vista 64- same vid card, same drivers(ati all in wonder HD) DX11 installed as an update (automatically) - dvdfab has gpu DISSABLED and greyed out. underneath it shows my vid card, and no codecs listed.

so, from this i would imagine that dvdfab doesnt support vista 64 and dxva?

would this be a correct assumption?

thanks for any input... this is a great program.... what makes it so good is that the developers constantly keep updating and making the product better!

Comment

Working...
            X