Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware CyberLink ????

Hello DVDFabb affectionatos,

To put an end to all of the issues and especially the run-around that I've been getting from Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Community Forum, I purchased a used, Microsoft Certified computer with Windows 7 installed. The clerk set it up for me, and added a Blu-ray burner along with CyberLink BD & 3D Advisor, CyberLink PowerDVD 10, Blu-ray Disc Suite, and a few other goodies.

My question:

Since I already have DVDFab, All in One Lifetime, along with the latest promotional lifetime Media Player, and PASSKEY, Do I absolutely need to keep this CyberLink **thingny** installed on my computer?

At first glance, CyberLink and DVDFab seem to be doing the ~same thing.

That's it, does anyone know?

You don't really need it but unless its taking up too much disk space I'm of the belief the more tools in the box the better. I'd keep it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Cyberlink

I've used it for years to burn music cd's. It's a really nice program & worked well. Also made creating Lightscribe labels easier.

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
        I've used it for years to burn music cd's. It's a really nice program & worked well. Also made creating Lightscribe labels easier.
        To my surprise, in the same fashion that my Bitdefender disabled other AVs on my computer, CyberLink disabled my DVDFab.

The installation disk that comes with my LG BH12, BD player/burner includes CyberLink.

I'll be taking my computer back to the Comp Tech who sold it to me, and see if I can have CyberLink uninstalled. If not, I want my DVDFab9 as the priority...Not the other way around, as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
          To my surprise, in the same fashion that my Bitdefender disabled other AVs on my computer, CyberLink disabled my DVDFab.

The installation disk that comes with my LG BH12, BD player/burner includes CyberLink.

I'll be taking my computer back to the Comp Tech who sold it to me, and see if I can have CyberLink uninstalled. If not, I want my DVDFab9 as the priority...Not the other way around, as it is.
          Something isn't right somewhere then, cause I don't have that problem on ANY of my computers. Might be in the AUTOPLAY settings?

Comment

@jrogers1965

That's more than likely where the problem lies. After I installed CyberLink, DVDFab was no longer an option. As soon as I had it uninstalled, my DVDFab came back.

Then again, with DVDFab All in One Lifetime, Media Player and the PassKey, do I really need anything else?

To be honest, I had more issues with Windows 10 than I care to mention. I fixed it by getting a used, later edition, computer with Windows 7, and scrapped mine. I didn't want to go through that again.

Comment

Working...
            X