Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab v8 vs. v9? Any reasons not to switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v8 vs. v9? Any reasons not to switch?

First, please forgive me for posting a question that I KNOW must have been discussed 1,000 times by now, but my search turns up nothing since it just says V8 vs V9 are all too short to be included in search! I'm totally happy if someone can simply point me to any existing relevant threads...

Let me explain my question - I have not been on this forum for years: I moved to a large property in a rural area and have been so consumed by everything related to the move and property that many things have taken a back seat. I use DVDFab a lot, primarily for simply cloning a DVD to my HDD archive. I have been using V8 with perfect results for all these past few years. When V9 came out not too long before I moved, I was taken aback by the poor comments and experiences I read about on these forums and stayed away from it - then the move, and it has been easier to just keep using V8 than worry about an upgrade.

Now I finally am looking at it again - I see that V9 looks VERY different than what I am used to. Moreover, V8 is still available, so I wonder if there is something so significant that many people are refusing to switch?

Any thoughts on the difference between versions will be appreciated. Thank you.

version 8 still works for many movies but is no longer updated
    and may not work for new release movies that have new stronger encryption.

version 9 is always updated for new stronger encryptions
    and has a few new features like youtube video converter and
    other new features.

Comment

Working...
    X