This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with dvdfab opening

i just restored my pc back to new and now dvdfab 6 wont open.i reinstalled dvdfab 5222 and it works fine.i have windows xp

DVDFAB V6???
    What is the full version number of fab that will not open?
    Your post does not have any information that will help anyone help you.

I am seeing several post of fab not opening but we need the full version number to connect the various post and see if this is a bug or ?????? .

Comment

As a new member with only one post, welcome to this forum.

You may have not yet read the "Forum Rules". Please take the time to do so and ensure that you comply with them.

Also ensure that you use common courtesy whilst on this forum and that means not hijacking someone else's thread.

Your post doesn't have enough meaningful information for us to be able to assist you. Please take the time to read the "Help Us Help You" threads which are linked in my signature below and come back and provide the required information.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

dvd fab 6

i have tried dvdfab 6040.6022.6060.6118.6120.6125.6205.6218 i just get a hour glass for about 5 seconds and nothing happens

Comment

What O/S did you restore and have you applied all updates and service packs?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i will try the service packs first thanks

Comment

i did a full restore to the pc it was like new

Comment

XP will also need the .NET framework installed.

Comment

how do you get the .net framework

Comment

You should be able to get it from Microsoft Downloads.

Comment

thankyou you been a big help

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        XP will also need the .NET framework installed.

I'm confused...what is it about either XP or DVDFab that requires .NET Framework??

And if so, which version of Framework??

No such requirement is listed on the website for Fab, and as a long time owner, I've never had to have .NET Framework installed on XP Pro to get Fab to work (right up to the current BETA... whatever the service pack installed...)

DC

Comment

Usually installs as part of service packs and I think is required because Fab is written in C+ or C sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Usually installs as part of service packs and I think is required because Fab is written in C+ or C sharp.

Hmmm...never part of any service pack I installed...

I do have software that requires .NET Framework, and had to be installed separately (and a specific version, at that...not part of any SP, though...)

I believe Fab is written in C++, and as such, is a compiled language, meaning the compiler translates all the C++ commands into machine language, so it can run without any compiler or interpreter support.

Still confused by your comments.

DC

Comment

So am I because I thought the same as you and then discovered that once I installed .NET framework on my XP testbed, Fab worked properly.

Go figure !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X