This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressing Blue Ray

As mentioned on a previous post, l am building a large server with a number of movies. My paln is to also save some key movies in Blue Ray.

Question though can anyone reccomend a good program that would allow me to play back both DVD and Blue Ray. I am currently using Cyberlink Power DVD 8 to play original DVD and Blue Ray but when l save both formats the Blue Ray wont play.

Any suggestions?

many thanks,
    ET

ohh easy answer ...Nero 9 = period plays bluray beautifully even better on a large hdtv
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    DVDFab 7.0.8.2 full

Comment

Great thanks. I had a similar discussion with a co worker and he said that MKV was better to save the blue ray than m2ts. Either way, they are both big files. I was hoping they would save in the 10Gb range but some are as big as 25GN.

As usual l am thankful for everyones advice.

Cheers,
      ET

Comment

Compressing Blue Ray

Compressing Blue Ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to copy some Blue Ray movies and compress them to BD-9. The first one has taken nearly 4 hours to complete. is this normal for compression?

Also will BD-9 effect the playback?

Many thanks,
        ET

Comment

That is quite common time depends alot on your system, the movie file size and the amount of compression. I recently did Angels and Demons which was about 28gig and compressed it to to DVDBD9 took about 2.5-3hrs from start to finish. Just a suggestion I rip main movie to file first at BD50 then use file for the source and compress to DVD9 that way my ODD isn't spinning the whole time. Saves wear and tear on your drive.
          The playback depends on your home theatre eg. size of TV 1080p vs 720p I do the majority of my rips to DVD9 720p and the quality is still far superior to standard DVDs and dual layers are alot cheaper than BDs
          AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
          4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
          ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
          2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
          LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
          Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will take heed. I noticed that when l tried to play back 10000 BC it had blurs which indicates that there was issues in the continuous spinning. I have a couple of ones that l will copy at 50 and then try to compress to BD9 780.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
            X