This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Common settings

I need to change my settings on the UDMA, but I can't find where to locate this. I need to change them for faster burning as this is why I purchased the program. Please advise how to do this.

Fab will only change your setting if your drive has reverted to PIO mode from DMA mode.

If your drive in in DMA mode then fab can not make your computer work any faster.

In general setting look at the lower right corner and click on Reset DMA now.

Comment

Originally posted by crosstitch View Post
      I need to change my settings on the UDMA, but I can't find where to locate this. I need to change them for faster burning as this is why I purchased the program. Please advise how to do this.

UDMA settings are set by the operating system, and depend on your data bus speed and the characteristics of your DVD drive.

I'm not sure any meaningful speed gain can be attained by fiddling with these, but if you're determined, BIOS would be the place to start.

Beyond that, you're on your own...I've never changed them on my system...

DC

Comment

You can also go into device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, double click IDE channel, advanced settings and check what mode you are in. If you are talking about your DVD burner in PIO or DMA mode.
        Last edited by CBR929; 01-20-2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X