This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long>

how long should it take to just do a movie backup from blu ray to bd-r? I have a LG WH08LS20 drive and its suppose to be an 8x reader...dvd fab shows it at 5.0 MB/s when reading so i dont know if this is even close to 8x or not....

also, would it be better to just rip the main movie without compression to hard drive, then compress it to the 25 gig bd-r?

Comment

8x speed is app. 10.5 MB/s. If you are compressing your speed is limited by your system(cpu/gpu). I rip main movie to hard drive first at BD50. Then use file as source and compress to desired size BD25,BDDVD9 what ever your preference and burn. It puts less stress on your optical drive and I find there is less chance of errors.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

so choose main movie and leave at bd50 and have it saved as an iso file, then choose write data and choose the disk as a bd25? and this will compress it?

Comment

also which audio stream is the best to choose when doing movie only? i have ac-3/5.1 and pcm/5.1....or does it even matter? ac-3/5.1 shows with an arrow beside it when i start dvd fab

Comment

I keep the DTS/5.1 and remove HD checked, (this leaves more room onBD for the movie with less compression, some HD audio tracks are very large) Its usually what DVDFab defaults to. I had some problems with AC2/3, I would end up with the comentary track. Also I rip to a file not .iso since I'm not interested in streaming or playback from PC just backup. When I go to rip I still use the main movie mode using the file as a source. Yes selecting BD25 DVDFab will compress the file to fit the BD, if the file is below25g it will copy with no compression. DVDFab hsa a handy preview pane for movie/audio selection. Fab doesn't always default to the right video track usually just the largest, so keep an eye on this. If you select a different movie track ensure the little button is highlighted beside it. I found out the hard way that I could change tracks by clicking on the track I wanted but If I didn't click on the little button beside that track Fab would default to the first one it had selected initially and I ended up with no movie.

Comment

i guess im lost...i ripped the movie to hard drive and its 30.2 gig, so when i choose the file, it wont let me change to a bd25...

Comment

Use main movie mode should work for u

Comment

so you cannot rip to hard drive uncompressed and then compress it to burn?

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                    8x speed is app. 10.5 MB/s. If you are compressing your speed is limited by your system(cpu/gpu). I rip main movie to hard drive first at BD50. Then use file as source and compress to desired size BD25,BDDVD9 what ever your preference and burn. It puts less stress on your optical drive and I find there is less chance of errors.
                    how do you do this?

Comment

Open DVDFab and select main movie mode on the left. In the source drop down at the top select your file directory. In the Destination drop down select your optical drive. Fab should have imported your file and you can select audio options etc. Bottom center you will see a selection box BD50 with an arrow. Select the appropriate size here for your media. Beside that it will say compress 30.2g> 25

Comment

you do this after ripping to hard drive?

Comment

Yes did you rip to a file?

Comment

not yet...wanted to make sure im doing everything right first...

heres the steps...

select main movie, select bd50 and select audio then rip to hard drive....

then select main movie, select bd25 and select audio, then click next...

is that correct? or insted of selecting main movie after ripping, do you select write data?

Comment

I use main movie and you only need to select the audio once. When you rip to hard drive be certain you have correct video/ audio streams at that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X