This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluray50 to bluray25?

I am sure this must have been discussed but searched and couldnt find. anyone tell me how or direct me to links on how to copy/compress bluray50 to bluray25? I've read elsewhere it is a slow multi-step process.

Patrick

This can be a slow process but it entirely depends on the processing power of your system.
    I get my best results following these steps.
    1. Open DVDFab and insert BD into drive then hit start.

2. I select main movie mode at BD50 quality. Check your destination and select appropriate directory. At this step ensure that the movie and audio tracks that DVDFab selected are the ones that you desire. You will notice at the bottom that DVDFab may still be processing the BD. I typically let it finish before I proceed. Once you are certain you have your selections the way you like go on through the next two screens and DVDFab will rip the movie to your HD.

Burn from source.
    1. Open DVDFab and start it.
    2. Select the file you just created as the source. Select your burner as the destination and insert your blank media. BD25/DVD9 etc.. Make sure you have the quality level on par with your media. I use IMGburn as my default burning engine, if you go to Third party software in the forum you will find info on different engines and how to set them up to work seamlessly with DVDFab. Click your way through this screen and the next and start your compression and burn process.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
      Burn from source.
      Make sure you have the quality level on par with your media..... Click your way through this screen and the next and start your compression and burn process.
      I apologise, I dont understand that nor know where any related settings would be made. quality level? this screen and the next?

Comment

I would suggest opening DVDFab and familiarizing yourself with it. Try a few rips to your Hard drive. Once you"ve used it I think all the optons I have suggested will be apparent as they are all in the UI not buried in the settings.

Comment

well i've ripped a few disks already and burned a few but didnt notice any options for compression (using dvdfab6). of course could have missed them.

Patrick

Comment

The media selection is only available if you use main movie mode and is centreal on the bottom. It will say BD50 and has a drop down arrow beside it. You can select your media size from here. BD50, BD25, BDDVD9 1080p etc.etc.

Comment

The compression feature is only for the main movie option, full disc compression will be optional soon (I hope)

Comment

Working...
              X