This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is HD Decrypter

Ok so I went to the "Free Stuff" part of the website and downloaded DVDFab's HD Decrypter as I just want the feature to pull movies off of DVD onto hard disk.

I've installed it and DVDFab runs but there is no option to use just HD Decrypter. It has DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile, Blu-ray to Blu-ray, File to Mobile and their sub-options but no HD Decrypter or DVD to File type of options!

Help?

Cheers,

MC

If you just downloaded t for the first time you’ll have full functionality for the trial period, then it will revert to the free version. To make it function like the free version select full disk and set the quality box to DVD9.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Does HD Decrypter copy blurays? I was under the impression that it did.

My trial has expired and I thought it would revert to ripping blurays but it says trial expired whenever I try to do anything with a bluray.

Comment

This has yet to be clarified but I have always under the impression that Blu-Ray was not part of the free version. Some seemed to think that a "Limited Subset" of Blu-Ray was available but I have yet to see proof. Even if it was, it would have limited functionality.

What has happened to you seems to prove my theory.

So, options for you are, don't use it or purchase it.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It's easy to get confused with this description:

VDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray". It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections (AACS, BD+, RC, UOPS and BD-Live) while copying.
          That says it copies the entire BR to hard drive. I guess it doesn't.

Maybe they should clarify it.

Comment

This is what the free version can do for Blu-ray

For Blu-ray to Blu-ray, only through MKB10 is supported if you need the MKB11 and up then you need to purchase or wait for it to be added to the free version. I'm not sure what that is but I'm guessing BD+

Comment

Hi AGJ,

Have you actually tried it on that test rig of yours that you were gonna leave Fab expire?

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              This is what the free version can do for Blu-ray

For Blu-ray to Blu-ray, only through MKB10 is supported if you need the MKB11 and up then you need to purchase or wait for it to be added to the free version. I'm not sure what that is but I'm guessing BD+
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Hi AGJ,

Have you actually tried it on that test rig of yours that you were gonna leave Fab expire?
                Nope don't have Blu-ray so not able to test that part so I am in the dark as much as anyone else when it comes to that on the free version

Comment

Yeah, same here but I honestly still suspect that Blu-Ray turns off.

Being quite honest, if I was Fengtao, I would do just that. He's gotta make a living and I think people that expect software like this for free aren't living in the real world.

I would even cut out the free DVD stuff.

Comment

Thanks

@90312 Thanks for the info

Comment

DVD Fab finally expired however now it has when I select DVD to DVD (Full disc), Quality DVD9. It says its expired and wont copy the DVD to disk.

All I want to do is copy the DVD to a ISO on my PC.

Comment

Look closely.
                        On the screen you see 6 choices.
                        Choice number 6 says HD Decryipter never expires.

Click on choice number 6

Comment

On a somewhat related topic - is there a way to get the product selection screen to come up, if you've accidentally told it to not come up?

ie. it automatically goes to the (now expired) DVD to DVD option, rather than allowing you to choose the HD Decrytper version that you speak of ?

Sorry - I *have* looked around for a solution, but haven't found it as yet... this topic was hovering around the same area, so hoped it would fit in... if not, please redirect me to a more appropriate spot

Thanks in advance for info!

Comment

The DVDFab HD Decryptor only saves to Hard drive and can not burn to DVD so if you are trying to burn to DVD then you will get the now expired message. If you want to see the screen you are asking about check out the screen capture I attached and once you click what it says select About
                            Attached Files

Comment

AGJ - thanks for the response, much appreciated

I attempted doing what you advised above (again. Had already tried it myself, figured I may have been doing something wrong), but the About screen seems to be exactly that, and no amount of clicking on any of the options will change what's on the screen behind it.

It certainly is the screen I want/need to come up - but (I believe) need to get it to come up prior to loading DVDfab itself, as it used to do before I, in a brilliant flash of stupidity, hit the tickbox to not load the loading screen again.

I jsut upgraded to the BETA, in the hope it would re-instate the pre-load screen, but alas, it didn't.

I *did* manage to get it to do a DVD - but it also came up with a screen telling me I was trialling DVD to DVD (even tho it's ripping to HDD, and i'd done the above steps in your pics, to be "sure").

Is there possibly a reg hack or something along those lines to directly" untick" the tickbox that's gotten me to this point? Or a "return to factory defaults" equivalent, perhaps??

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
                              X