eSet detected threat and blocked 9.2.3.1 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSet detected threat and blocked 9.2.3.1 update

My eSet Smart Security 8 anti-virus program detected the following when I attempted to auto-upgrade to 9.2.3.1 this morning

file C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\is-MNADK.tmp a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida suspicious application

The error occurred when installer tried to rename above name to llEncoder.dll. I am assuming this is a false positive, but wanted to check here first.

EDIT: metascan-online found that only 2 out 42 virus scanners (eSet and Baidu) found this as a threat, so I will mark it as an exception in eSet.
    Last edited by n808; 02-23-2016, 06:34 PM.

uninstall dvdfab and retry using the download page instead of
    the internal updater inside dvdfab - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28761
    make sure that you install as administrator. also make sure that your virus definitions/programs are up to date.
    Last edited by october262; 02-23-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I think it would still flag and delete llEncoder.dll, so I just added it to the exclusion list in eSet. Then the upgrade worked fine, and DVDFab as well.

EDIT: I also submitted the false positive to eSet for analysis, so they can fix it in a database update (not sure if they will or not).

Thanks.
      Last edited by n808; 02-23-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I use Eset also and got the same message, I just turned off the A/V for a few minutes and installed and turned it back on again, I knew it was Eset when I asked alot of others if they got the message, and they did not, so I just sent in a report to the Eset people.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Each all install program need to disable antivirus anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X