Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray Ripper only burns first 10 minutes or fails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Blu Ray Ripper only burns first 10 minutes or fails?

Hey all, not sure what part of the forum this should be in. When I try to burn any of my blu rays disks now the burn takes much longer or, the burn will only run for about 10 minutes, finish saying completed and it will only burn the first 10 minutes or so of the movie. Last week I was able to rip a blu ray in about 3 hours. Now the scale goes anywhere from 3-15hrs.

Steps I have tried:
    1) uninstalled DVDfab and installed newest version
    2) uninstalled my external blu ray player and reinstalled the drivers,
    3) tried creating an iso disk image then burning and same results.

At this point my software is pretty much useless. Any tips?

Post your Fab burn log most burn problems happen with cheap disks like Memorex made by (Ri-tec) and Ri-tec disks maybe you can use these brands at the slowest burn speed for these disks.The others are too fast burn speed,dirty blank disks with fingerprints causing read errors,dirty laser lens, or outdated firmware for the blu ray burner.The Fab burn log can tell a lot of information and should always be posted for burn problems otherwise it's just a guessing game.You can also use the free img burn burner it has it's own log file and adjustments for adjusting the laser lens to brand of blank disks used.

Comment

Im not burning it to a blank disk, I am mostly trying to extract the video file as an MP4 using the rip function so I can make digital copies of all of my moves to have on my laptop.

Comment

Then post your Fab internal log for this disk.

Comment

Here is the Fab internal for this one I just tried
          Attached Files

Comment

I see 4-5 read errors some repeating 126 mins in.Is the disk scratched if so it won't convert try another copy if dirty clean it good.You posted a cut off log file post the whole log file make sure you use the latest Fab version as it contains the latest updates and fixes so try again if you didn't.

Comment

I checked the disk, no scratches or finger prints. Also attached is the log after uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried multiple disks and I'm getting the same result. I'm starting to think its my LG slim external blu ray drive
              Attached Files

Comment

I still see 2 read errors 28m 41.09s: read error: 11 462656 11892031 1984094 11
                30m 06.45s: read error: 11 462656 11892031 1984064 11.

Why not see if a blu ray will play then you know it's not the drive.
                Try a different container then you will see if it's fabs mp-4 container.Try same disk with Mkv pass-through and see if this works.I always try version 8qt of Fab if version 9 doesn't work or maybe Fab staff can take a look at your logs.

P.S. Also check the laser lens clean with cleaning disk or better yet compressed air.
                Last edited by 3dman; 06-06-2016, 12:01 AM. Reason: added line of text

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                  Why not see if a blu ray will play then you know it's not the drive.
                  Not true. I know for a fact that playing Blu-ray discs with issues will not necessarily cause a hardware player to have issue. It is designed to skip around bad sections. It has to be really bad for the player to stop reading the disc.

I suggest using ImgBurn to create an ISO file. It will do lots of retries on sectors that fail. This will also let you know if there are indeed issues with the media, or the drive.

Comment

Mr video:All you need is dirt or dust on the lens to get read errors.The skip over bad sectors can't do so with dirt blocking the lens think about it.

Comment

True, but the discussion is about bad discs. Cleaning the lens would take care of that issue.

That said, the OP is having issues later in the disc. If it were a dirty lens, read errors would occur early on, not later on.

If possible, reading the disc in another BD-ROM drive is also an option to either point the problem at the disc, or the BD-ROM drive.

Troubleshooting is key.

Comment

Working...
                      X