This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Confused on my Dvd Rom..Brands,Read speed

i thought i would buy a new dvd writer as i thought the one that came with the comp. was going out(sometimes works)
    So i bought an Lg part number GH22LS40 and the specs say it Reads at 16x and can write up to 22x on Dvdr (i dont use duel layer)..heres the weird thing no matter what movie i put in it it takes 26 min just to read it and another 10-15 to write even movies i already backuped years ago,,,,,,now if i put in my original dvd-writer it also has kinda same specs Lite-on DH-16a6s Reads at 16x and writes at 16x..
    Time limit is cut in half... And all settings in dvdfab are the same i leave the write speed at 16x... what is causein this is the new writer bad? by the specs i should get same result.
    And they are not ran together i swaped them
    Not sure if it matters but the comp is only 1 year old
    Has 160gb HDD(with 90 Free space) its only used for Dvdfab and internet..
    3gb Ram
    Sata plug in
    ......Signed,Confussssssssed

I'm pretty sure that drive is RipLocked at 4x. There may be a hacked firmware to unlock the drive?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I'm pretty sure that drive is RipLocked at 4x. There may be a hacked firmware to unlock the drive?
      Are all newer drives riplocked or just certain models?

Comment

Do you have the latest firmware update? If not you can get it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...2(ew).zip.html
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The riplock feature can also be disabled on some drives[by pressing the eject button for three seconds without any disc inserted.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo1979 View Post
            Are all newer drives riplocked or just certain models?
            No, they're not, although there may be a bit of a push in this direction to make ripping flicks to your hdd more of a hassle.
            Honestly, I don't know, but most burners are not riplocked.

Personally, I've never bought a riplocked burner. I've owned mostly LiteOn, but some Sony Optiarc and Samsung too.
            My last purchases, Fall of '09, were two Sony Optiarc 7240s burners. No riplock, they just scream right along
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X