Problems burning Blu-Rays with 9.3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems burning Blu-Rays with 9.3.1

I have been a DVDFab user for many years, since it was the only reliable copy/burner for blu-ray disks. I haven't burned many disks this year until just starting again a week ago, and have never had issues until just recently, after upgrading to 9.3.1 Now when I burn a disk (and usually I'm using the Main Movie option) it runs through the usual process and always fails at 2% burn on the blu-ray disk -- these are not Cinavia protected disks. And when it started happening I tried a few more in my collection. I do not think the parent disks are the issue, nor the copy disks -- I've been using Optical Quantum disks for many years w/o issue and these were successfully copied about 6 months back.

Several times after the failure, I'll move the temp file copy of the movie to a different folder and then burn the blu-ray successfully from there. I went back to the older 9.3.0.7 version to see if there was some glitch in the most recent update but that doesn't seem to matter. Same issue. Anyone else experienced this? Have used the same LG drives for copy and burn and even checked firmware but nothing changed.

The only new thing new that has been installed on this PC (besides the usual Microsoft and Java constant updates) would be Plex Media Server and Witopia (which is a VPN that is seldom active). Some updates of existing programs. I have ESET Nod32 9 and Malwarebytes running in the background, but I've always had no probs burning with those 2. I'll try burning with the Plex disabled and see if that is the issue.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by oisin53; 08-02-2016, 09:39 PM. Reason: forgot to include the Blu-ray hardware

please post the dvdfab internal log files and the burn log files.

Comment

Logs

Tried burning again last evening with Plex Server off, same result.
      Attached Files

Comment

VSO burner is great for dvd's but switch in Fab settings to Fab burner or img burn burner for blu rays.You can also try burning the disks at 4x speed your burning at 8x now it may be too fast for the blank media you are using.
        Last edited by 3dman; 08-04-2016, 01:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Disks?

Where is the burner option? Looked everywhere. I've frankly never had a problem before with these disks, and they are 6X speed.

I'm also getting an odd message that "The media you inserted is dual-sided; only single-sided is necessary. Continue?" The disks are definitely 25G not 50.
          Last edited by oisin53; 08-04-2016, 09:26 PM. Reason: change

Comment

Did find the burner options. Slowing down. See if that makes any diff. Doubtful. Plus I've thrown away 5 disks now at about $1 a piece. Starting to get expensive.

Comment

Your vso burn log says Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
              slow to 4x speed or 1/2 the blank disks rated speed.

Is this a new set of blank dvds as many company's outsource their dvd's to other company's the old disks from the same company may no longer be the same company that makes the newer ones.Cheap disks and too fast burn speed account for most burn problems dirty laser lens or disks are the others most often encountered.

Invest in 1 rewrite able disk for testing their cheap these days.
              Last edited by 3dman; 08-04-2016, 10:26 PM. Reason: add last line

Comment

I've always had good luck with these BD-R Optical Quantum disks. But maybe this is just a bad batch? After slowing down the recording speed now I get another strange popupmessage (after the failure to burn).
                From FlexBurn
                I/O Error!
                Cdb: Test Unit Ready
                SenseData: Invalid Address for Write.

I do have quite a few re-writables, too, as well as some other 25gb disks that I know burn ok and some 50gb disks. Hate to waste the latter.

Comment

I have seen this problem too many times before it's always the cheap disks that cause problems change to better disks and the problem will go away.

The only other thing you can do to see if you can burn with the disks you have is use img burn burner set the speed to 1/2 the rated disk speed and in the IMGburn write settings put a check mark in preform OPC before write this will set the laser power to the best setting for writing to this brand of disks their will be a tiny test burn preformed by IMG burn to a section of the blu ray not used to adjust the laser power to the disk if after these two adjustments it don't work then you must get better media try the re writable disks bet they work ok.

Comment

Thanks - Weird that this happened on a batch of disks. Have no idea if I can return them either. I guess back to 4x which were more reliable.

Comment

Definitely was the Disks (6X) speed. When I dropped back to my old 4x BD-Rs, from the same manufacture, burned fine. These 6x won't burn on my LG BD-R Burner no matter what speed I downsize to. Dang.

Comment

Try the free img burn burner with OPC checked in write settings sometimes this will work if speed is cut down to 1/2 the disk speed also.

Comment

Working...
                        X