Drive Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives Drive Problem

I opened DVDFab, inserted original movie. It sounded like it was starting, then just quit. I tried several more times...same thing. I then rebooted my computer and same thing. I went to Common Settings then opened Drives. I have two drives and neither one was there. I have no idea what happened. I just need to find out how to get them back on. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Ernie

click start - right click on my computer - select properties - hardware - device manager.
    find the CD/DVD drives then go to driver and select uninstall , restart computer and let
    windows re install the drives.

Comment

october262,
      I did as you said, then restarted the computer. When the computer opened it said it could not find the optical drives. I then rebooted the computer. When it opened nothing came up, so I went to Device Manager and they were there. I then opened DVDFab and no drives were listed. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
      Ernie

Comment

restart the computer and go into the bios setting and select default settings
        do they show when you click my computer ??
        try reinstalling dvdfab.

Comment

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
          Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
          In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
          Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Comment

3dman7,
            I did what you suggested and it showed the two drives plus other things needed drivers. It then said it wasn't able to fix them???? Not sure where to go from here. Should I just go ahead and reinstall DVDFab? It amazes me. The drivers were fine last week.

Thanks,
            Ernie

Comment

Use system restore to go back in time see what restore dates come up use a date just before you had this trouble then it will ask you to restart computer you then update any files and your security program and all should be well.

Comment

3dman7,
                Restore did it. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Ernie

Comment

Your weclome.

Comment

Working...
                  X