A burning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other A burning question

I'm getting lately problems burning discs. This is what it says on my screen..........I/o error cdb: Testunit ready Sense data: Power calibration area error......try again. Well that doesn't work, obvious . so I cancel and a sign pops up ....Burn again ? now sometimes it works and it starts burning but sometimes it won't burn again..... .Any help here ? thanks BERT using 9.3.1.9 and 10.0.0.2 problem on both the same Burn Iso 2016-10-18 01:53:16 -------------------------------------------------- 01:53:16 Info IsoFile: C:/Users/Bert/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/Clone/INDEPENDENCE_DAY_RESURGENCE/INDEPENDENCE_DAY_RESURGENCE.iso 01:53:16 Info WriteMode: 4 01:53:16 Info LayerBreak: 0 01:53:16 Info MediaType: 16 01:53:16 Info Capacity: 47732 MB 01:53:16 Info Operation Started! 01:53:16 Info Source File Size: 45845 MB 01:53:27 Info Writing LeadIn... 01:53:27 Info Write started 23472800 sectors to write 01:53:44 Info Failed to Write Sectors 832 - 863 - Invalid Address For Write 01:53:44 Info Closing Track... 01:53:50 Info Finalising Disc... 01:53:59 Info Eject 01:53:59 Info Duration: 00:00:39 01:53:59 Info Operation Failed! 01:53:59 Info Unlock device 01:53:59 Info Close device 12:21:22 Info SetWriter(H, 0) 12:21:22 Info SetDoNotAutoEjectDisc(0) 12:21:24 Info Open device 12:21:24 Info Lock device 12:21:24 Info MediaType: 16 12:48:00 Info Input Speed is: 8990, Output Speed: 8990 12:48:00 Info StartPerf Speed: 8990, EndPerf Speed: 8990

Burn Iso 2016-11-02 11:34:24 -------------------------------------------------- 11:34:24 Info IsoFile: C:/Users/Bert/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/Clone/Star_Trek_Beyond_3D/Star_Trek_Beyond_3D.iso 11:34:24 Info WriteMode: 4 11:34:24 Info LayerBreak: 0 11:34:24 Info MediaType: 16 11:34:24 Info Capacity: 47732 MB 11:34:24 Info Operation Started! 11:34:24 Info Source File Size: 44152 MB 11:34:24 Warning Failed to Reserve Track! 11:34:24 Info Writing LeadIn... 11:36:59 Info Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Power Calibration Area Error 11:36:59 Info Closing Track... 11:37:00 Info Finalising Disc... 11:37:07 Info Eject 11:37:07 Info Duration: 00:02:37 11:37:07 Info Operation Failed! 11:37:07 Info Unlock device 11:37:07 Info Close device 12:22:42 Info SetWriter(G, 0) 12:22:42 Info SetDoNotAutoEjectDisc(0) 12:22:44 Info Open device 12:22:44 Info Lock device 12:22:44 Info MediaType: 16 14:15:51 Info Input Speed is: 8991, Output Speed: 8991 14:15:51 Info StartPerf Speed: 22321, EndPerf Speed: 44955
    B
    Last edited by BERT; 11-02-2016, 11:23 PM.

BERT:11:36:59 Info Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Power Calibration Area Error
    This means the burner tried to burn a test burn on a area of the disk not used to adjust laser power to brand of disk and could not burn the test burn.
    This is normally a Img burn feature than you can turn on and off in it's settings by putting a check mark next to power calibration before burn So just turn it off.I never saw this error in all the many years I burnt disks with img burn are you using a very cheap blank media what brand? Make sure the whole disk is clean.

Also check your drives firmware for updates.

Comment

Thanks for that and where do I find the Img burn feature so I can turn on and off in it's settings by putting a check mark next to power calibration ? Ps. no problems with discs , burners ,firmware etc. Know what I'm doing since 2004 always use same discs but this is new and pops up ever so now and then
      Last edited by BERT; 11-02-2016, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Click settings - write - page 1 - check perform OPC before write
        Click ok.

Comment

Then you should also know the disks you been using for many years can be outsourced by others even Verbatim.How old is your burner maybe laser getting weak never seen that error before.You want no check mark in the OPC before write box

Write 01:53:44 Info Failed to Write Sectors 832 - 863 - Invalid Address For Write.This is a different error meaning the laser can't find a section it can write to start the burn normally caused by el chepo disks such as Memorex or Ritek (ridata) or failing laser.
          Last edited by 3dman; 11-03-2016, 12:30 AM. Reason: Added infomation

Comment

October 262 says...check perform OPC before write ...you said uncheck perform OPC before write..... When I had a look it was already unchecked ....????? Now what ?

Comment

Bert:If you want to turn something off in img burn you UNCHECK it.I don't understand why img burn would do a test burn if you had the OPC before burn off in settings and at a loss to why this happened with the setting for it off.
              I need more info. from you to help more.
              How old is the drive? is the drives firmware the latest?
              Brand of disks used?
              Can you burn other blu ray movies with the same blank disks without getting burn error's?
              Do you have other brands of blank blu rays you can try?

Some things to try:use a cleaning disk on drive or use compressed air to clean lens on lasers.Try check marking preform opc before burn see if it makes any difference though the correct logic seems to be turn it off with a OPC error.Also try switching in Fab settings to dvdfab burn engine on same brands of blank media.

Comment

Yes the setting was on Off. The discs are Ritek ...I have 3 Burners and as I said this problem does not come up" ALL " the time and it happens on all 3 burners. Firmwares are up to date and the discs are ok and I copied a few hours later the movies who I couldn't before using the same discs who are not the problem. I use DVD fab burning engine since the day of dawn I have been reading about OPC on the net and I will try by ticking ON and see what happens. As I said this OPC error does not happen all the time. I can still burn movies ..Will let you know what happened

Comment

I have been using Fab when it was only a decrypter and in all those years to today whenever their was a burn problem caused by cheap media it was always ritec-ridata-memorx so i can promise you one thing if your burner is good changing disk brands will solve your problem right away.

Now your saying your using Fab burn engine please look in Fab settings for blu rays and see what burn engine is listed it can be different for dvds.
                  Last edited by 3dman; 11-03-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Ok..having ticked OGC on has not worked...So I clicked OFF and burned a movie right now with no problems. Ritec is not the problem Always use dvd burning engine for DVD and Blu-ray discs. Anyway seems we're not getting anywhere. It works now at the moment as it always has apart when it not works lol Thanks for your time it is much appreciated BERT
                    Last edited by BERT; 11-03-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Ritec is the problem they have quality control problems some disks will not work some may if you want this problem to end get different disks and remember what I said always cheap disks produce bad results.

Their are a few burners that can burn cheap disks at slowest burn speed with img burn used in Fab settings and checked marked for OPC before burn.

Your saying your using Fab burner so img burn is not even used their for if not used with in the Fab program to do the burn or used alone to do the burn then check marking anything in a program your not using for the burn makes no difference because your not using it to burn the disk understand?
                      Fab burner is a choice in Fab settings as well as VSO burner and img burn if you have the img burn program set up to use by Fab then img burn will burn the disk not Fab burner.We are talking Fab settings for blu rays dvds have their own setting for burn engine in Fab settings.

Comment

OK thanks for that, understood all and I do know I have a choice of 3 burning engines in the program. Just burned another one with no problems and I will get better discs as soon as I run out of the ones I have in stock
                        Last edited by BERT; 11-03-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I can recommend Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with AZO on the label. Maybe a bit more pricey but they don't miss!
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for that I'll look into it...however the problem was not the burning of the discs ...I never had a fail yet and all my Ritek discs burned ok the problem was something else......read my first comment on this forum something stopped and prevented the disc from even starting to burn ...........at the moment all is working fine and I still don't know why this happened before still using Dvd fab burning engine since years though
                            Last edited by BERT; 11-04-2016, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I read the post and that's why we both think it's the media. And I think you'd have better luck using ImgBurn with that OPC box checked.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X