Screens Entirely Too Large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI Screens Entirely Too Large

I just upgraded to DVDFab 10. After the upgrade, it took me 40 minutes to start my first back up. Why? Because DVDFab's screens extended off the top and the bottom of my pc display. I had to go thru all sorts of manipulations to finally get the backup going--often needing a different setting for each screen to be able to access closing buttons or Start buttons.

This makes DVDFab virtually unusable for me. I am severely disappointed and I hope that you can adjust the screen sizes so that it all easily fits on my display--as it used to.

By the way, I tried using the sizing arrows to make the program smaller, but they had no effect, nor could I find any setting in the program which would alter the size of the program's windows.

What is your display resolution? I've never seen this
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

1920 x 1080
      Windows 10

Comment

Try right clicking on the dvdfab icon - click properties - click compatibility - there's some additional display settings to check out
        See if any of these will work.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm running here DrZaat?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

Did you change the system DPI settings?

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Tried right-clicking on the icon and checking the properties, but no help. The only way it works is by changing the display resolution so that everything on the screen is so small as to be almost unreadable, then change it back for routine use--obviously a pain. Even worse, sometimes when changing from one screen in DVDFab to another, it trips some sort of trigger and restores the screen to normal resolution, so that the only thing I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of DVDFab and start all over again. Not fun!

Comment

I'm not sure what is involved in changing the system DPI settings. I did go into display settings and lower the resolution from the recommended 150% to 125%, which allowed me to barely be able to access the "X" to close a window, or the "Start" button. As I said, though, all the icons on my desktop, plus the text in DVDFab, became so small that I could hardly read it.

Comment

You tried the reset settings on your computer's monitor display ??

Comment

I'll try, but it's normally at the default setting, so I don't know whether that will accomplish anything. However, the problem has grown.

After going thru the necessary manipulations to allow access to the necessary buttons [with difficulty], the program refuses to work. It copies the DVD files onto the hard drive, but, when I place an empty DVD into the drive, I almost immediately receive a message that the burn has failed. So, I tried to do it in DVDFab 9, which is still on my computer, but it hasn't worked since I received the message about the update to version 10. Instead, it crashes almost as soon as it begins to copy the disc.

I've been using DVDFab on this computer for about a year with no trouble. I have added no new hardware, and little or no new software--except any Windows 10 updates which have been installed and updates to the antivirus software. In fact, the pc is pretty much a designated disc burner, hardly ever used for anything else. I'm not even using it to post these messages.

Comment

Do you have a program called hitman pro
                      On your computer ??

Comment

NO, I don't have hitman.

Comment

Hi,

What's the resolution of your display?

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson his resolution is 1920 x 1080
                            Windows 10 Mine also I set A custom resolution to 150 percent from 125 percent in advanced settings in the windows program (not the regular change resolution page).I left type size the default #9 for everything in the pull down.After restarting computer everything was bigger easier to see but when the advanced settings page is show in Fab version 10 it's a little to big the x mark to get rid of the page is off screen you can't move it and whats worse the fab logo in the tray doesn't let you get rid of the running program or switch between the advanced settings screen and the main screen so there's no way to get the advanced settings screen off the main screen so you can see the regular Fab screen I had to use the task manager to stop Fab 10 from running.I have no problem with version 9 of Fab with these same settings.I am not sure this is the OP's exact problem but it doesn't happen in version 9 so could be a bug in version 10.
                            Last edited by 3dman; 12-08-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, 3dman, that is quite similar to what I experience. Even if I get the main window to fit [barely] on the screen, then when I go to the advanced settings screen the button to close it is off the screen. It's a problem.

Of course, right now the bigger problem is DVDFab's failure to burn. I'm trying it again right now, but I expect that it will fail again. It doesn't even start to burn--which I guess is good, because at least it doesn't waste a disc.

On top of everything else, I tried burning the DVD files created by DVDFab with Nero, which I also have on that computer, and which worked just fine til now. However, the installation of DVDFab 10 coincided with Nero no longer burning DVDs. It crashes as soon as it starts.

My antivirus is Avast, and it has never interfered with either program before, so I don't know why it would have started now.

Comment

Working...
                              X