Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused on which type of Taiyo Yuden Discs to Purchase?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused on which type of Taiyo Yuden Discs to Purchase?

Hi People,

I’m in the process of purchasing another 100 Pack bundle of DVD-R’s, 4.7G. I’ve always used: “Memorex” DVD-R 16x, setting my burning speed at 4x. To tell you the truth, I’ve had good results with them on my Pioneer, but I’ve read so much more here about better quality DVD Discs: “Taiyo Yuden” & “Verbatim”, to be exact. Now my question:

I’ve gone to the SuperMediaStore website to check on “Taiyo Yuden”, which I have heard the Professionals use. But I see so many different brands, and I’ve read here where they had said to purchase good quality “TY” Discs, not the generic. Can someone that uses “TY” and that has purchased them from the SuperMediaStore, possibly tell me which brand to get (Item #, Page it may be located on, etc)? I’m looking for a “100 Pack, DVD-R 8x, 4.7G”, that I can paste “Self-Stick Labels” on.

Thanks so much for your help and time,

John

Second down on this page if you print on the disc and third on down if you don't. Best for the money and if you use -R.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

As a comment, self-stick labels will always cause you problems down the track.

I never found them successful as the adhesive would give up and I'd end with parts of a label in my drive.

Either write on them with a pen or get a printer that can print directly on them.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Good advice mate! And paper can get the disc out of balance wearing out the works prematurely.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks guys for the advice. I always did wonder about the glue on the self-stick labels. I mean, with the software I use, I get professional results, but how long it would last was always in the back of my mind. In the long run, I think I’ll invest in a printer that will allow me to print directly onto the disc. Can anyone recommend a good quality printer? I’m currently using a “HP 1610 All-In-one Printer-Scanner-Copier, but unfortunately, it doesn’t have that feature.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I have been thinking of picking up a Epson that prints on DVDs and CDs but at the moment I do not remember the model # off hand

Comment

I've got a better idea guys.

Instead of buying a printer, buy a media player like Maineman has ordered for less bux and then you will never have to burn a DVD again or print one either !!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                I have been thinking of picking up a Epson that prints on DVDs and CDs but at the moment I do not remember the model # off hand
                Here are a few Epson printers that allow you to print onto a CD/DVD. Hope it helps!

Learn the advantages of printing directly onto a CD/DVD instead of printing a label and attaching it to the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by 38 Special View Post
                  Here are a few Epson printers that allow you to print onto a CD/DVD. Hope it helps!

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/CDLanding.jsp
                  Thanks helps a lot but I still not remeber the model # that I read was good for printing to DVDs and DVD covers. But I think nthe 1400 and R1900 would be good but have to do some research to see if it what is needed. I am not in a rush and not sure if you are as well to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    Thanks helps a lot but I still not remeber the model # that I read was good for printing to DVDs and DVD covers. But I think nthe 1400 and R1900 would be good but have to do some research to see if it what is needed. I am not in a rush and not sure if you are as well to get one.
                    Before a buy, I’m going to look around and check into a few other models. Besides being able to print a cover on a CD/DVD, I’d also like the printer I purchase to be able to do a few other functions.

Comment

Working...
                    X