This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw VI

having a problem getting 1/7 version of DVD Fab to read Saw 6 please can you help?

Originally posted by cindymstroud View Post
    having a problem getting 1/7 version of DVD Fab to read Saw 6 please can you help?
    Well what ever version that is I have no idea but you should install the latest Beta as that version is able to do Saw 6. The link to latest Beta is below

Comment

Saw vi

I have uploaded 6.2.2.0 Beta version that updated 01/07/10 and I'm haveing read errors

Comment

Hi cindymstroud and welcome,

Please run through this list:
        Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
        There's a link in my sig below.

Be certain to do #3 regardless.
        This flick has been done by many of us without issues, although I am starting to suspect that there are a number of bad presses
        or other versions of the same region and format.
        Are you region 1?

Let us know how you make out
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Forgot to ask...
          Are you still within the 30-day-trial period? or has the program reverted to the freeware application?

The freeware app lags behind the retail version (and free trial version) by as much as 60 days or more with respect to its decrypting capabilities

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

as far as I know I'm paid up to 12/26/2011. I'm not real good with a computer and all I mostly use a computer for is paying bills, e-mail, and dvdfab. Some terms get real confusing for me. Sorry, I really am trying to understand. Yes I did clean the brand new disc with windex

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info.
              I would run through the rest of the lead suspects on the list.
              Please post back with results, questions or problems.
              Don't be shy about not knowing what to do or how to ask...we all started at the beginning.

It just could be that you have a bad press...meaning the studio disc that you have is faulty.
              There are methods to check this too.

Hang in there Cindy.

Comment

Saw vi

Thank You, I have watched the disc and it plays fine in a dvd player. I have uploaded other discs with no problems, but this one just get read errors in the open dvd source step of uploading. If I use ignor, or ignor al it just stayes with the bar moving and nothing ever comes up for DVD5 or Dvd9 or percentages screen

Comment

Do you have VSO Inspector or Nero cd-dvd speed?
                  Both are freeware although cd-dvd speed is no longer supported, it can still be downloaded, but I would do this only from a reputable site.

Comment

In order to scan a copy protected disc, you will need one of the utilities I mentioned above...
                    In addition, you will need to do either of the following:

1) Run an on-the-fly decrypter in the back groung during the scan
                    or
                    2) Start to play the disc on your pc with a software player, stop play after the movie stops, but do not exit the player.
                    Now start scanning with VSO Inspector or Nero and let us know what's up.

You will not be able to scan a copy protected disc and obtain reliable results by simply running either utility by itself

Comment

Saw vi

Never had a problem before, and if I did you would always come out with a new version that would take care of what problem there was. Had my son upload VSO inspecter, and if I hit abourt on the read error notice it will let me copy it to 51.93% and stop, thats all i can get it to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cindymstroud View Post
                        Never had a problem before, and if I did you would always come out with a new version that would take care of what problem there was. Had my son upload VSO inspecter, and if I hit abourt on the read error notice it will let me copy it to 51.93% and stop, thats all i can get it to do.
                        Ok, thanks again for the info.

I'd like you to:
                        1) Put the disc in your burner and start to play it with a software player such as VLC
                        2) Subsequent to the movie starting, hit stop on the player, but do not exit the software player.
                        3) Now, open VSO Inspector and start the scan. This will probably take a while which is one of many reason s I prefer cd-dvd speed.

Post back with the results.
                        Thanks
                        Last edited by maineman; 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

This is a known problem with the SAW IV discs, both rentals, and store bought, I know Frys got a load of poorly pressed discs and so did Netflix. A poorly pressed disc will play fine but it will stop usually at the layer break when trying to rip it. Try another disc and you will see what I am talking about. I backed up the region 1 Windscreen with no issues. This is not a Fab issue.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Saw vi

Thank you for the information, I will pick up a different copy of the movie and try again. You are more than likely correct, the VSO inspector said ther was a failur about half way through scanning it as well
                            Last edited by cindymstroud; 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Saw vi

Thank you very much for the information. Picked up a different copy today, work perfect as usual

Comment

Working...
                              X