This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't even get started with DVDFab

Just downloaded free DVDFab 6.2.1.8. Read TIPS ON TROUBLESHOOTING ANALYZING/RIPPING DVDS to no avail. When I start the program and click Start DVDFab, it begins scanning. I can see the name of the movie in the scan but within 2-3 seconds, the program just shuts down. If I quickly cancel the scan, I can stay on the menu page but the source window tells me to Insert DVD. It can't see the DVD.

Try another title, prefereably an older one and report back.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok, that worked but what is is telling me? That I'm unable to do anything with the DVD I wanted to copy?

Comment

Title of the dvd?
        Can you navigate to the dvd with windoz explorer? Does it play with VLC or some other software player
        It sounds like you've tried everything in the "Tips" thread...yes?

Try playing the disc with a software player, then hit stop, but do not exit the player. Does Fab "see" the disc now?

If still no go, open with a software player again...preferably VLC, but powerdvd, etc., are ok too. Stop play, again do not exit the player.
        Scan the disc with VSO Inspector or preferably, Nero CD-DVD Speed if you have it.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If you are using the FREE version, it means that you cannot copy the new releases until about 120 days.

If you are using the PAID version, it means that there is most probably something wron with the disk, clean it, etc, etc as in Maineman's tips.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also if you are using the 30 day trial it has the full functions as the paid version so the title of the movie you are trying would be helpful and same for the rest of the information that maineman asked from you

Comment

Working...
            X