This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plays video but no audio

I am currently able to copy the blu rays and play them on PowerDVD and some play with 5.1 audio but there are some that wont detect the HD Master audio. It will play every other audio there is but just not the Master audio. am i doing something wrong? if you know please help. because i dont know why some blu rays will play and others dont.

I suggest that you consult the PowerDVD forums or otherwise search for the answer. The BD specification requires that all players be able to down sample HD audio. If PowerDVD is not doing that for you then it is either a bug or something else that needs to be enabled/installed/configured in PowerDVD.

Comment

I am having the same problem, and I can't imagine that a number of others are not having the same issue. I rip blu ray to blu ray (main movie) and the output plays fine on PowerDVD 9 for everything but movies with HD Audio. I'm not married to PowerDVD, but I am fond of my time (of which I have probably invested 12 hours). Does anybody know of a player that definitely does deal with DVDFab output? DVDFab worked BRILLIANTLY for me until I got into blu ray, and now I am back to square one.

Comment

Total media theater 3 Works I think also since this not a DVDFab issue I am moving the thread to the General Questions area

Comment

DVDFAB - PowerDVD 9 Audio Problems

I understand it is almost definitely not a DVDFab problem, so I appreciate any help I can get in this forum. From a slightly different perspective, DVDFab is useless to me if I cannot find a way to reliably play blue ray files, and based on the dozens of similar questions I've found online, clearly many others are in the same boat. That being the case, maybe we should do PowerDVD users a favor and solve it here so that DVDFab users can continue to take advantage of this great app and DVDFab developers can maximize the user base.

Has anybody had success ripping movies encoded with HD audio from DVDFab and playing them in PowerDVD? If so, how did you make it work?

Comment

Did you try tricking PowereDVD into thinking the original disc was in a BD drive? Rip as a iso file and mount using DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.0.0.3 it's free and problem should be solved.

Comment

DVDFab Virtual Drive

No, I started experimenting with VirtualCloneDrive. How do I rip to ISO from DVDFab? I was just using blu ray to blu ray --> main movie.

Comment

Choose the disk icon (ISO) as the target.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X