This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing movie off hard drive?

On Vista and windows 7 OS. On my XP computer I just hit the movie and it starts playing. I have no issues playing them off the back up dvd. Thanks. What I get when I try to play off my hard drive.

Search for and download VLC media player, it's free and will play darn near any video file there is. I assure you it will play your DVD off the hard drive. Just select the folder and "play with".
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

you are selecting the BUP file and that wont play double click on the first vob file and you should have no problems

Comment

To play the saved rips you need to select the first IFO File and open it with your favorite media player. Then you can watch that saved movie on HDD. and just so you know Windows 7 has the ability to play from files using Media Center all you need to do is set it up on Vista you need to do a registry hack to be able to view them using Media center and here is link on how to do that for Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930526
        Last edited by AGJ; 02-02-2010, 08:41 AM. Reason: added more information

Comment

Working...
        X