This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD--Main Movie

Hi all, Just need to ask,does choosing main movie, only rip main movie, or does it somehow hide the other information.The reason I ask is that I was about to post in an other forum , (My Movies) about something strange that happened while fetching jackets for my movies .About 20 of my movies, regained their full movie status.I have never ripped with anything but Main Movie.I did question myself , so got out my backup hdd.All the movies that are affected are still ok in the other hdd. All in their audio ts and video ts folders, and play only the main movie.

As far as I know if you rip main movie you will only get main in audio ts and video ts folders, and if you rip full disc you will get every thing on your DVD.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Do you have the dvdid.xml file created in the the ones that are not recognised? This is what is usually used to grab the jacket, etc in WMC.

Also, a lot of older releases did not have a unique identifier but just had a DVD_VIDEO identifier which gets WMC Veeerrry Confused.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also, the dvdid.xml is cached so if the cache gets corrupted you might need to renew it.

As Gregiboy stated some of the older titles with a folder name of DVD_VIDEO confuses WMC etc. For such movies rename folder and you can get a dvidid.xml file created by going to dvdxml.com and search by title name and select the DVD you need. It will then generate a dvdid.xml file for that DVD.

Use this only for the old DVD's

Comment

Working...
        X