X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 Quality + Subtitle

Hi,

I just purshased DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile. All of this is because I wanted to put away all DVD's in storage, and save all movies in Window Home Server (2 Harddrives total 2 TB) sitting in basement.

Reason for me to buy this software are:

1. Easy to use
    2. allow me to remote access to Home Server and run this software
    3. fast encoding
    4. Subtitle working in MP4 format.

I also used Handbrake software because it is free and subtitle works for me. But it is painful slow with high end power computer. This software give superior quality video and sounds in MP4 format and are around 1.2gb per DVD's.

I wanted to use DVDfab tools over Handbrake, because it run better with queue movies, and it run much faster.

The downhill is the quality are pretty bad on DVDfab. Even I have set the MP4 as H.264, and the bit rate is set to 1024. I have been playing around with MP4 formats and nothing come out with good quality with 50' samsung TV and Playstation 3 connected to my server.

Any suggestion or advice will be appreicated.

Thanks!

Try the Samsung profile that I have posted in the "New Profiles" sectyion.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi,

I am sorry, I am not able to find 'New Profile' section for Samsung profile like you asked.

can you help me point where I can find and read the insturctions/guide for the settings?

Many thanks!

Comment

Go to the main page of this forum, then DVD to Mobile/File to Mobile and the New Profiles are a stick at the top.

Also have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Links below.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok, I have saved the file and change it to .xml and put in the folder under profile.

Then I opened DVDFab and couldn't find the profile that was created.

I also found a way to fix the video quality, and it has increased better quailty by using geneic profile setting, and put 1000 bit rate. I noticed that the subtitle works well, but there are some burry around the letters. Is there a way to fix that blurry around the subtitle?

Thanks again,

Comment

No that is how they are held in the original disk

Comment

Gregiboy,

Thank you very much for your response, and I got all the settings. Your settings are perfect and satisfied my needs.

Comment

I'm glad to be of help and that it is now working for you.

That is the aim of this forum and feel free to assist when you can.

Comment

Working...
                X