This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio issue with WDTV Live

When I create an iso from a bluray it will play back just fine when mounted and played with power dvd8 (PC). However, when I play the ISO through my
    "WDTV live" (home theater system), I get no audio. I'm sending the audio through my optical cable to a HTIB 7.1 bluray system. Is this an issue with the iso i'm making? If not then it can only be an issue with one of my hardware devices. I'll check on their forums for help with that. Unless someone happens to know about that stuff, any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by W&B; 02-05-2010, 07:27 PM.

I don't think the WDTV Live supports iso format.

Comment

I though that it did but without menus.

This sounds like the default audio track is not supported by the WDTV.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

They might play but it's not an officially supported file type for the WDTV. I also thought I read for DTS support that the audio has to pass through via the HDMI output of the WDTV.

Comment

WDTV and audio

I have the HDMI out on the WDTV LIVE going to my HDTV and it's audio going through an optical to my Bluray 7.1 HTIB system.

The only way I can get sound is if I check "Remove HD audio". For some reason the HD audio track will not play. If i'm not mistaken I still get 7.1 sound and it sounds great. The picture is as good as if it were playing from the Bluray itself. On a side note, the networking capabilities with the WDTV LIVE are garbage. Granted, I can access the USB drive connected to the WDTV remotely from my PC and transfer files back and forth. However, streaming is a hit and miss pain in the arse. They need a solid firmware update before that even gets close to being practical.

Otherwise, it plays iso's fine.

Comment

Oh, and no the wdtv doesn't support menus. I just burn the main movie to iso.

Comment

Just checked the audio specs:-

Audio - MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS

So it looks like it does not support HD Audio.

I do not regard WD players as mature products yet. We have had more success with chinese imports as they have been manufacturing them for at least 4 years, some longer.

The best of the bunch at the moment is the Measy E8HD (www.measy.com.cn) and it plays just everything besides acting as a NAS and Bit Torrent client,
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Good info gregiboy

Just curious, how much of a difference is there between truehd audio and the audio we get when we check the "remove hd audio" tab? I know it's still surround sound, but what are we sacrificing?

Comment

I can't comment as I refuse to buy BD equipment.

Only way to tell is to play on a BD+ player and WDTV attached to the same audio equipment and make a subjective judgement.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Moved thread to general questions and renamed thread since it's not a DVDFab software problem.

EDIT: I would be curious as to the difference in DTS 5.1 and DTS HD (in terms of quality)
                    Last edited by W&B; 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

From what I have listened to in the A/V shops, there is a slight discernable increase in quality, but not something I'd put out my hard earned bux for as my old ears aren't really up to it and really, all you are doing, is going from excellent to very excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X