This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 7 64 Bit, cannot convert any movies

I've updated from an older winxp 32 bit, and so far, have not been able to convert any movies on my new win7 64 bit.

The software and keys install fine, using 6.2.2.0

The conversion starts, and then after 5 minutes the estimated completion starts increasing, and eventually the computer shuts down and the conversion fails.

I am using DVD to Mobile and this happens on every disc.

I've triend uninstalling, using cc-cleaner to elliminate old shadows of DVDFab.

I am the administrator on the machine, so there should be no issues there.

HELP - I am trying not to give up,but running out of ideas.

Thanks

Are you using the procedures outlined in my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread? Links in my sig below.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Skyles,
      If you are using multiple drives ( hard drives, optical) that are SATA it could be drivers and settings that are causing this issue. I had issues when I upgraded from XP pro64 to Vista 64. My optical drives wouldn't work right, they would hang up all the time, disappear from my computer etc. etc. Starting with vista they introduced AHCI drivers to assist the OS in distinguishing the difference between HD and OP. Do a little research on Google it may help.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Thanks, I've tried following the DVD - Mobile BKM page.
        I was able to burn a "full copy" of the disc to my hard drive, no issues, too around 19 minutes.

When I then tried to convert, from the hard drive image, to a .ps3 format using DVD - Mobile, I had the exact same error. It starts converting, then the estimated time increases, and then the system hangs and reboots.

Same exact error as when I went directly from Disc to ps3 format.

Anybody else have ideas? I imagine something is up with my computer, but its a clean install of win 7 64 bit, not much else is installed yet.

Makes me want to go back to XP...sigh.

Comment

Working...
        X