This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get fails

I have tried over & over again. It decodes & does the first process. Then when it comes time to burn the disc I put in a blank dvd disc & everytime it shows fails. This is with my laptop which has vista home premium 64-bit with 4 gb of ram. This is the 6.2.2.0 version & it works fine on my home desktop that has xp with service pack 2. I can watch the movie on my laptop because it creates a folder for the movie but I want it on disk. I have written them about the problem 3 times & still no response. Anyone else have this problem. I am thinking that this software is not compatable with vista or windows 7

Hi BBBYpsi and welcome,

There's no compatibilty issue with Vista or Win7.
    First off, are you running Fab as administrator?

It sounds like it rips ok. Does your burner recognize the blank media at all?
    I suspect that you may have a problem with VSO, Fab's default burn engine.

Please take a look at the sticky thread
    Help Us Help You (link in my sig below) and post back with pertinent info.
    The logs, particularly the burn log will be a big help...if you have the burn log that is.

Also recommend that you switch burn engines to Img if the problem persists.
    I'll be right back with a thread with a great video tutorial and a download link.

Here you go:

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together
    Last edited by maineman; 02-06-2010, 12:04 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      Hi BBBYpsi and welcome,

There's no compatibilty issue with Vista or Win7.
      First off, are you running Fab as administrator?

It sounds like it rips ok. Does your burner recognize the blank media at all?
      I suspect that you may have a problem with VSO, Fab's default burn engine.

Please take a look at the sticky thread
      Help Us Help You (link in my sig below) and post back with pertinent info.
      The logs, particularly the burn log will be a big help...if you have the burn log that is.

I'll be right back with a thread with a great video tutorial and a download link.

Here you go:

When I went to the imgburn part it said failed to find imgburn program (imgburn.exe.) please choose file manually

Comment

BBBYpsi, I have vista running DVD Fab and Image Burn and they work flawlessly together and other members with Windows 7 also run them together with no problems. Laptops are not very good for doing burns because of the process of the heat generated by the drive you would be better off getting a good external drive. Another thought your machine running XP SP2 I would recommend updating to SP3.
        Last edited by CBR929; 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post

Here you go:

Originally posted by BBBYpsi View Post
          When I went to the imgburn part it said failed to find imgburn program (imgburn.exe.) please choose file manually
          Use the link that maineman posted that I quoted to download and install ImgBurn and to also set it up to work with DVDFab

Comment

Working...
          X