This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Cannot enable GPU Acceleration

I have a Nvidia 8800 GTS that is CUDA enabled and drivers up to date.

When I go to the GPU Acceleration tab it will not allow me to put a check mark in that box even though in the information box below the check box it shows my graphics card?

Very odd

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Help!

Please someone help! I can't believe I have not gotten a response on this by now!
    Last edited by ncaahockey; 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM.

I have a hard time believing I am the only person on this forum that is having this problem or has had it at one point? Please HELP!

Comment

please post more specs on your computer, is this a store bought computer? if not what type of mobo is it? cpu, ram and anything else comes to mind and maybe something will catch someone's eye that can help.

Comment

Here are my computer specs:

Custom built

ASUS M4N82 Deluxe Motherboard
        AMD Phenom II X4 955
        4 GB Ram
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS with 512 mb

Windows Vista x64 with service pack 2

I use Badaboom which is a CUDA enabled program so I know that my video card does have cuda enabled.

I have the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers version 190.62 installed.

If anyone needs more info just let me know! I hope this helps!

Thank you everyone!

Comment

I did some research on your mobo and see it has 3 PCI-E x16 slots. I'm curious if it makes a difference which the card is plugged into especially if not running an SLI setup and this is what I found "If a single or dual graphics card setup is used, both blue PCI-E will run at x16 and the black one will run at x1 only. For 3-way SLI, that is using three graphics cards, all three will run at x8." Sounds to me if for some reason its plugged into the black slot it may not be using the cards full potential. I hope simply changing the slot you're using may clear up your problems but may not be the case. I'm running the ASUS P5QL PRO but it only has 1 slot with a NVidia GeForce 9500 GT and don't have that problem but I know thats not helping you. I'm just throwing some ideas out there hoping to find your answer.

Edit: you also have a driver update http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html
          Last edited by W&B; 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Wild and Blue - Thank you for your help in the matter. I updated my drivers (which were not that old to begin with) and still no GPU acceleration. This weekend I will attempt to move the video card to another slot and see if that works. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

DvdFab not recognize GPU acceleration

I don't know if ncaahockey ever resolved this issue but I have the same problem with the following hardware.
              mobo NVIDIA 10DE
              card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX, 768 MB, CUDA compliant, latest driver
              cpu Intel Core Duo 3 gHz
              6 GBytes ram
              OS Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

DvdFab is greyed out for CUDA selection for GPU acceleration although the card is seen as GeForce 8800 GTX. No video codecs are recognized. Anyone resolve this issue.

Comment

Working...
              X