This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

please can some one help every time i do a main move to bd25 disk it starts off ok but when it gets to reencode starts to make a loud sound i first thought it was my computer over heating but since found out its ok any one had same sound and know how to stop it
    thank you
    paul

Try ripping full disc to your hdd selecting iso as the target, then use that as the source for the main movie rip and compression. It would be less wear and tear on your optical drive.

Comment

ive riped dvd to hard drive and i am using v6220 dvdfab on xppro only get sound when encoding

Comment

I'd check your hardware. Where is the sound coming from, fan? Maybe the power supply going bad. If trying to rip and compress from optical drive it will cause it to spin up and down for long periods of time causing extra wear and tear.

Comment

hardwear all ok only happening with bluray and only at one point but dvdfab still working when computer making this sound its like cpu over heating but its not

Comment

Based on what I understand it could be your cpu heat sink fan trying to keep processor cool. So in theory when it began to encode cpu usage goes up and more heat is being generated. Fan may be the cause of more noise being generated.

Also new system have ability to dynamically adjust fan speed based on processor usage. So when it hit 100% it create more noise as well.

Anyway check your pc for dirt, it may be dirt causing fan to work hard and overtime as well.

Are you certain you processor is not overheating. What it is internal temp of all cpu cores.
            Last edited by Hawk; 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM.
            If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

thank you all for your advice i think it is the fan on cpu can only just cope when house heating is on i get warning sound

Comment

pdbiggs if you think your fan is on its way out you really should replace it or if the fan is still good consider installing another fan in the case to keep it cool, just a thought.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

As other members suggest, you need to troubleshoot this a bit.
                  Open your case and use some canned air and give everything a good blowing out...fans, heat sinks, etc.

I would also benchmark your system...get an idea of your temps anyway.
                  Here's an excellent free utility:

PC Wizard 2010

As Hawk said, if your rig is fairly new, you should be able to make some adjustmments.
                  If you don't have this capability, SpeedFan works well

If you still suspect high temps after troubleshooting your cooler, I'd pull the heatsink on your cpu and after carefully removing
                  the old thermal paste, apply fresh thermal paste.
                  It sounds like your looking at a new cpu cooler and new paste anyway.
                  Last edited by maineman; 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                  X