This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD FAB: 6.2.1.8 Not Refreshing File View

I have tried to put a back up from my USB drive to DVD by changing FAB's source directory with my movies on it but FAB is only showing one movie under this directory. FAB is not refreshing as Explorer can. My work around was to copy a movie folder (from USB) to my local documents folder and FAB was able to see it. My question is how do you refresh the source view when browsing folders in FAB 6.2.1.8
    Thanks!

Originally posted by webdiego View Post
    I have tried to put a back up from my USB drive to DVD by changing FAB's source directory with my movies on it but FAB is only showing one movie under this directory. FAB is not refreshing as Explorer can. My work around was to copy a movie folder (from USB) to my local documents folder and FAB was able to see it. My question is how do you refresh the source view when browsing folders in FAB 6.2.1.8
    Thanks!

DVDFab is structured primarily to read a DVD in one of your drives, and to provide its services to that drive and title. (You're usually only allowed 1 disc/drive).

As an added feature, it will also allow for the use of a title on your HD for further processing, although for best results, that title should be in its own folder in a 'DVD Environment' (in an AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS subfolder).

The program will allow for updating from different drives (including a USB device), but if the title files aren't set up properly (as above), Fab probably won't see anything but the first title (and only if it's set up properly...)

I hope this will guide you with your USB device.

DC

P.S. I just tried it with the HD, and it'll pick up on more than 1 film, but I don't have a USB device to try...maybe you could and let us know what happens...
    Last edited by DarthCopier; 02-09-2010, 05:44 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

I use it from a couple of USB drives all the time without problem.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@webdiego

As long as the USB or in my case a 3.5" SATA HDD installed in a USB enclosure (BIG Pen Drive ) mounts properly and you can browse it in Windows Explorer you can select it as a folder in Source.

What you need to do is select the Folder icon, next to the "V" arrow pull-down, to the right of the Source field. The browse to the folder

If the file on your USB is a ISO, then you would need to mount it with DVDFab Virtual Drive (FREEWARE). Then select that mounted drive !!

Cheers,
        Last edited by AlienX69; 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Hey AX !

You should be able to select the disk icon for an ISO. No need to mount it !!!!

???

[QUOTE=AlienX69;22102If the file on your USB is a ISO, then you would need to mount it with DVDFab Virtual Drive (FREEWARE). Then select that mounted drive !![QUOTE]
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Habit, always mount and play before burning to test ! ..... But yes, you are correct !
            Last edited by AlienX69; 02-10-2010, 12:54 AM.
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I have the same problem as webdiego. I think that the response thread is going down the wrong path. When I am ripping a DVD to a target directory, the first one is OK. The next time I attempt to traverse the directory tree for the next folder I want to write in, the "browse for Folder" popup will not allow me to display all of the subfolders. It will only display the subfolder I used last. As a work around, I selected the top directory and canceled the popup. The top directory is now in the target field. I can now go to the "browse for folder" popup and see all of the subfolders.

Comment

Originally posted by quiet_sunset View Post
                I have the same problem as webdiego. I think that the response thread is going down the wrong path. When I am ripping a DVD to a target directory, the first one is OK. The next time I attempt to traverse the directory tree for the next folder I want to write in, the "browse for Folder" popup will not allow me to display all of the subfolders. It will only display the subfolder I used last. As a work around, I selected the top directory and canceled the popup. The top directory is now in the target field. I can now go to the "browse for folder" popup and see all of the subfolders.
                Original Post:
                Originally posted by webdiego View Post
                Thanks!
                Looks to me like You want go in a different direction ....

Glad you found a work around ..... cant really understand why your traversing the Target directory tree.

DVDFab does an excellent job of keeping everything segregated .... each module, then sub-foldering the output to whatever name is displayed in the "Volume Label" field, which btw you can edit ...

FYI/TIP: I have two HDD partitions (Targets) I switch back and forth between.
                Last edited by AlienX69; 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM.
                AX

Comment

Working...
                X