This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probalem Cloning Car Navigation DVD's

I have used the clone feature twice already (ISO on and off) in an attempt to make a backup copy of my navigation DVD from my Honda Civic. I am using proper dual layer discs but for some reason they don't seem to be working when inserted in the cars nav system. All the files seem to be transferring properly and I don't think there are any hidden files on the disc but I am having no luck. These are $195 from the dealer so I would really like to have a copy in case something happens to my original. I have the current version of DVDFab installed as well. Has anyone ran into this before? Am I doing something wrong?

PS- I'm new to the forum but I did try a search with no luck.

Do you have a log you can post?
    Have you tried full disc instead of clone?

What brand/mid of disc are you using?

Comment

No logs. I have tried full disc but it redirects to Clone and will not let me use the other option. I am using Verbatim DL 2.4x speed and have two coasters now. I have searched around online and others seem to be having problems with newer DL nav DVD's as well. They report the same problem of being able to successfully burn the DVD but when put into the car it will not work for some reason. I'll try to get a log tonight.

Comment

Fab is designed for removing copy protection and copying Video disks only, not software disks which your nav disks are.

You will have to use other software than Fab to back up these disks.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Fab is designed for removing copy protection and copying Video disks only, not software disks which your nav disks are.

You will have to use other software than Fab to back up these disks.
          Clear enough. Thanks.

Comment

have you tried the write data part of DVD to DVD

Comment

Another option I've heard others have had success with backing up nav discs....
              Use good ole dvd decrypter in .ISO mode
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X