This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab- software wont start up

My software was working fine for one month, now when I start it up I get the hourglass for a 1/2 s and nothing further happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The registration key is still on my system. Has anyone else experienced this problem, thanks in advance.

Originally posted by brotherd View Post
    My software was working fine for one month, now when I start it up I get the hourglass for a 1/2 s and nothing further happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The registration key is still on my system. Has anyone else experienced this problem, thanks in advance.

One month, eh?? (I'm from Canada...)

Sounds almost like the trial period for the program...

Was the program installed and run 'As Administrator'?

Was the Key installed 'As Administrator'?

If not, try that...may clear up your problem...

DC

Comment

I am having the same issue with the latest release(6218). I have older versions that work, but this new version will not launch. I went through the install process and have icons, but when I click them nothing happens..... (yes installed as Admin)

Comment

Tried uninstalling everything again and reinstalling still nothing. The registration key that I purchased was placed on my desktop. Reading into the email that DVDFab sent they mention cutting and pasting the registration numbers. I hadn't done that just installed the key. Anyway, can't even get the thing to open to cut and paste anything.

Comment

Try the procedures in this thread exactly & report back.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

brotherd did you save the email from Fab with your key attachment or delete it?
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Try the procedures in this thread exactly & report back.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=545
              I have done this 3 times and there is nowhere to enter the reg key during install. I am familiar on manually entering in the reg key once the program opens, but I can't even get it to open to get that far....

Comment

When you start the program do you "Run as Administrator" as instructed?
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

hi thanks for all the info.

I am running windows xp 64 bit.

gregiboy; following your recommended steps I am lost at step 7. When installing the program it runs through the entire setup but never asks for registration number anywhere. Close off install after it says install complete, end up with icon but again won't open it, so where exactlty do I enter this registration number??

Comment

Forgot to mention, yes I saved the key registration file on desktop, should I have deleted it and re entered it?

Comment

Program will not open

Originally posted by brotherd View Post
                      Yes I have the same problem, don't know what to do. Need help

Comment

Working...
                      X