This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Stopped Working Error Message in Windows 7

DVDFab ha stopped working. I have Windows 7 and 6.2.1.8. The error message I get is DFDFab has stopped working. Windows then shuts the application down. Reboot does not help. I am current with my Windows updates.
    When I uninstall the program, the program uninstalled OK, but there are 3 files remaining in the directory; avcodec.dll, DVDFab.exe, and upgrade.ini. These files cannot be deleted. When I try to reinstall the program I get an error that says that I don't have permission to delete the files. When I try and delete the files and folder manually, I cannot because I (Administrator and use in administrator group) don't have authority. I have tried to reinstall the product and get the same permissions errors. How odd.

I have reinstalled an older version of DVDFab (6.2.1.5) and it works. Is there a rouge copy of DVDFab 6.2.1.8 out there?

Only download Fab from here on this forum (stickies at the top) or from Fengtao's home page, DVDFab.com.
    These are the only authorized sites.
    There are always "rogue" copies of almost any software out there.
    If you downloaded from one of the sites above, no worries about malware etc., although you could have a corrupted install.

Try running
    CCleaner
    and be certain to include (tick) Old Prefetch data under Advanced

You've probably already done this, but after running CCleaner I'd do a manual search for any Fab fragments/files.

Are you in fact, the administrator? and you are just receiving a bogus error message?
    You must install/run this program as administrator in Win7
    Last edited by maineman; 02-10-2010, 06:46 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
    X