This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on which to buy

Hello all..I did a search but couldn't find an answer..I want to know if I should buy the bluray dvd fab burning software even if I don't burn any blue rays yet..can I burn reg dvd media to dvd discs or do I need to burn only blu-ray to dvdr or blu ray discs..I currently use dvd fab4 and am looking to upgrade.

hope I am being clear ..I mostly burn to dvd-r and dvd-dL with a few problems which I account to older sw

There is no real reason to buy it unless you 1) have a Blu-Ray player in the house (PS3 will work), 2) have a BD-ROM or BD-Writer drive in your PC, and 3) own one or more Blu-Ray titles. DVDFab Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray can be used to compress the Main Movie of a BD to fit on a DVDR or DVDR-DL (called BD5 and BD9 respectively). However, these discs are still in BD format and can only be played on a Blu-Ray player (not a standard DVD player).

Comment

Hi and thank you ..I understand all that but my question is still..can I use this software to burn a reg dvd to a dvdr, dvd-dl..I will own a blu-ray player and a burner etc one day and I don't want to buy "twice"..so if I can use this software to burn a reg dvd to a dvdr then it seems like the right thing to do UNLESS..no matter what I burn using this software it has to be played on a blu ray player?

thank you again

Comment

No, You need DVD to DVD module for DVD's and Blu-Ray Module for Blu-Rays
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry, missed that part you your query. You would also need DVD to DVD to handle DVDs. However, if you have a license for version 4 and still have access to the same email address then I believe you are grandfathered in to DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile and can simply request a key for the newer DVDFab (see DVDFab website).

Comment

Oh good to know! I like that! thank you both very much!

have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
            X