Update problems with newer versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Update problems with newer versions

Starting with Version 10068, and continuing with Version 10071, when I try to run the update, the activity activates an old HP printer installer. Sufficient to say, I have had no success updating DVDFab. This problem never manifested up through Version 10065. My printer is an HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451dn, if that will help. This is a strange occurrence to me, so I do not know how to classify the help request. Thanks.
    Last edited by dbrucefield; 12-09-2017, 05:23 AM.

Are you downloading the installer to your computer and running as administrator from there?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I have tried it both ways. DVDFab automatic update and download the DVDFab file and run it directly. Neither way works.

Comment

So you download the installer and when you right click and run as administrator it loads your printer?

Albert Einstein

Comment

To keep from getting confused, I downloaded the DVDFab Windows Version 10071 (DVDFab10071.exe) - I'm running Windows 7. When I click to open that file, it asks the User Account Control pop-up for permission. After permission, the extraction part of the file runs, then before the update is complete it initiates the Printer Installer (it may be on my computer, but I am not sure). When I cancel the installer, the DVDFab screen comes up and says the update is complete. When I restart DVDFab, it is still Version 10065. Version 10065 still works fine so it is not catastrophic, just frustrating.

Comment

Why do you cancel the installer? Select quick install and let it run until it gives you the option to start Fab.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Why not get rid of the old printer installer and try again.

Comment

Faith - I cannot find an old printer installer on my computer. I think that something in the DVDFab update is calling up something in the setup and getting the old installer off the internet.

90312 - I have let the update process run through "completion", but it always opens up the printer installer which apparently is blocking the DVDFab update installer from performing its function. Thanks for trying to help. Like I said earlier - frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                X