This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab to Windows Media Center

What would be the best way to rip a DVD so I can watch it the best with Win Med Center. I really like the features on Media Center and telling me where I am in the movie by displaying the chapter number/name/time. I have most movies ripped to read on my iPhone and it reads them and plays them but of course they are ripped to play on a 3inch screen and it isn't in chapters.

If I can't do the chapters I would be happy with just getting ideas on how to make them a better resolution to watch them on the bigger screen.

Currently running Windows 7 fully up to date.

VOB is the way to go

If what you care about is the best video quality and not necessarily file size, then ripping just the main movie as VOB is your best bet. This preserves the original audio/video format and quality, but will not give you chapters. For a full tutorial on ripping a DVD for Media Center (and Xbox extender) read this blog post.

Ever since I installed my home theater I’ve been struggling to find a way to make my library of 400 plus DVD’s and a growing collection of Blu-Ray’s available for viewing over my Xbox 360 on my 90”…

Comment

I read the blog and started to follow the steps. However I am running DVDfab 6.2.1.8 and some of the options you discribe are not options. I did do some cruising and found what you were saying about the conversion settings, but changing the Generic device option to VOB is not an option. Only option I have is generic. You directions are very clear and are very easy to follow (Thanks). I may be doing something in correct too!

Comment

Just rip them as Full Disc and make sure Media Center is set up to read the folder as Windows 7 can play them no problems as that how I watch when I use the computer for movies

Comment

Tried that too! Must be the user then that is having the issues!

Comment

Yep User issues. Thanks to both for the advice!

Comment

So I take it you finally got it working now? Another thing you might want to check the dvdxml in common settings of DVDfab so it will give the DVD info in media center

Comment

Yes I did I am just ripping it under the DVD-Mobile as a Generic .avi file and it works great. I will check out th dvdxml settings. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X