Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet connection, what about privacy ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet connection, what about privacy ?

Hi,

As DVDFab needs to connect to the internet everytime it needs to access a bluraydisc, I have a few questions :

- DVDFab garantee updates for 2 years, but what about the availability of decrypting keys ?
    - what king of information does DVDFab logs on the servers when we connect to retrieve a key ?

Thanks,

Seb

We cannot answer these questions here as we are not the developers and do not know the answers.

Please address them by email to DVD Fab directly or read the software licence terms and conditions.

Methinks you are being a little paranoid as most of us old timers here have been using Fab for over 5 years and have NEVER had any trouble.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes maybe .. but my though is that if DVDFab keeps track of which keys we retrieve associated with licence number, it's a bit of a danger nowaydays.

that should not fall into wrong hands :-(

And that's brand new, it doesn't exist before with the DVDs.

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned about losing any personal info through Fab, Avangate handles the credit card transaction and the only info Fab stores is your email and order #, as my good friend GregiBoy pointed out there's lots of "old timers" that have never had a problem.
        Some countrys have a "Fair Use" law which grants the right to make 1 back up of their purchased copyrighted material.
        So if your concern is getting into trouble just make sure you comply with your local laws.
        (moved thread to general questions)

Comment

Working...
        X