This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying to BD-9 (DVD+R DL) Problem

I have lots of TV shows that I wanted to try to back up in bluray. Since BD50s are still quite expensive, I tried splitting these up so each episode would fit onto a dual layer DVD.

The file on the hard drive plays fine, but when you burn the image to the BD-9 the sound goes in and out for the first few minutes. I burned multiple discs and all have the same problem. Burning at the slowest speed for the Verbatim DVD+R DL, which is 2.4x. Tried ImgBurn, VSO, and Nero. All get the same problem. The sound also goes out in the same exact place on all of the copies.

Any Ideas?

What are you playing them on?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The player I am using is a Samsung. I do not know the model number off the top of my head, but it is only a few months old.

I also tried burning the discs from two different burners, but come up with the same problem.

Comment

Try playing them on your PC using VLC (www.videolan.org) and see if the same thing occurs.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I tried playing the disc on the PC with this program but I get the following error.

Your input can't be opened:
          VLC is unable to open the MRL 'vcd://E:'. Check the log for details.

Your input can't be opened:
          VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://E:'. Check the log for details.

The E: drive is my Bluray Drive.

I can however play the files from the hard drive without any problems.

Comment

After more testing I found the problem to be the Bluray player. I played the discs that were skipping on my mother's Sony Bluray player and they played without a problem.

Also, I did get these to play as well on my Samsung, but I needed to remove the HD Audio from them to work correctly.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Comment

Working...
            X