Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DVDFab work as well under X64 Vista as it does in X86 Vista?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does DVDFab work as well under X64 Vista as it does in X86 Vista?

Does DVDFab work as well in X64 Vista as it does in X86 Vista? I would be interested in hearing from 64 bit users and their experiences with the latest version of DVDFab. I would rather use the 64 bit version of Vista and I have a license for both. However, I don't want to run X64 Vista at the expense of DVDFab not functioning as well as it does in the 32 bit version of Vista (X86 Vista). Many people know that X64 Vista has came a long way in the last year (in terms of compatibility with 32 bit programs). However, I know there are still some idiosyncracies with X64 Vista. Any feedback from X64 Vista users would be appreciated.
    Last edited by scott7; 10-01-2009, 11:19 PM.

Speaking for Myself, I'm running Vista Ultimate X64 SP2 and I've tried all versions of DVDFab from 6 up with ImgBurn as the selected burn engine and have had no problems with the DVD to DVD - DVD to Mobile not including maybe a new DVD release protection that was taken care of by an update in reasonable time. If you've been following the forum you'll know the new Blu-ray feature is still a work in progress and keeps improving. I also ran Vista Ultimate X86 and can't note any problems.

Comment

That's great news to hear that you are running DVDFab in X64Vista with no problems. I am new to DVDFab and never tried it in X64Vista.

However, I've got recent images of my system (using Acronis) of both X86Vista and X64 Vista. So it wouldn't take me long to switch my harddrive back over to X64Vista by mounting the image from my external drive. I may do that this weekend.

That's the beauty of keeping fairly recent images of the harddrive. No reformatting.....just mount the image and go. Thanks for your reply.
      Last edited by scott7; 10-02-2009, 03:39 AM.

Comment

btw I haven't tried the File to Mobile or the File Mover options within Fab so I can't comment on those and You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
          Speaking for Myself, I'm running Vista Ultimate X64 SP2 and I've tried all versions of DVDFab from 6 up with ImgBurn as the selected burn engine and have had no problems with the DVD to DVD - DVD to Mobile not including maybe a new DVD release protection that was taken care of by an update in reasonable time.
          I can agree with this part. I don't have Blu-ray feature though.
          "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

I have Vista x64 and it seems to work just fine. I have wondered if DVDFab is written for a true 64 bit environment and does anyone know if DVDFab is written for true multi core processing ?

Comment

Originally posted by ncaahockey View Post
              I have Vista x64 and it seems to work just fine. I have wondered if DVDFab is written for a true 64 bit environment and does anyone know if DVDFab is written for true multi core processing ?
              I don't think so and yes i believe so.
              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Working...
              X