No announcement yet.

Had to deactivate all to activate computer I had already activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Had to deactivate all to activate computer I had already activated

You only allow us to reset all activations once a year, which would be fine, except I just had to reset the activation because I had to reactivate on this computer. The funny thing is, this computer was ALREADY activated, I had just updated to the latest version of dvdfab, all the information now that I have it activated is the same as it was when I was forced to deactivate all. Why did it do this and how do I avoid it doing this again, since I won't be able to fix it myself for another year if it happens again?

From what I can gather, your computer ID that DVDFab uses is tied to the MAC address(es) of your computer. At least that is the number that shows when you look at the activated licenses on the "Members" page. If that changes (e.g. changing your network card, etc.) then it will see it as a new ID and require activation, but leaves your old ID still activated. If you change out anything on your PC that will change your PC's MAC address (not the router and/or modem side), I would recommend de-activating DVDFab first, then you can reactivate with the new MAC address and you wont have an activation out there somewhere in limbo. Personally, I think you should be able to de-activate all your installations more than just once a year in the event you need to. The only reason I can see that being in place perhaps is for their system to better monitor licenses for unauthorized installations. I don't really know. Sort of an annoyance. The last time I had a similar problem, I contacted support via chat window and they manually deactivated all installations without me having to use my once-a-year 'get- out-of-jail free card'. I hadn't change any hardware but that was back when they first introduced this new activation/deactivation scheme and it was somewhat buggy (based on my experiences and other posts I had seen), at best. I bought the three additional licenses ... $30 USD ...(though am only using two total for now) so I would have unused activations in the event this happened to me again and say it was the weekend and no support staff are available on chat, otherwise could get 'locked-out' through the weekend.

Comment

Same thing has happened to me a few times. Very aggravating! I also bought the addition 3 and have it on 2 laptops but it says all 4 are used. I deactivated all once and can't again.This is BS!

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We have improved the authorization logic in new versions of DVDFab. You shall not have the authorization problem again. But if you do with the latest version of DVDFab, please kindly contact us with the registered email account and send us the latest dvdfab_internal.log file to help address the problem.

Also, you can deauthorize DVDFab from a certain computer in DVDFab 10 program before you move it to a new one or reinstall it. Click image for larger version  Name:	authorize and deauthorize.png Views:	1 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	354353

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Working...
        X